EXPERIENCE HIKING DIFFERENTLY!
Your pack-free camping hike experience is a self-guided hiking experience with a twist of comfort! It lets you enjoy the thrills of camping and hiking, with a bit of pampering! These hikes include a 4WD transfer to the trail head and a 4wd pick up at the end locations of the hike. They also ensure hikers only carry a small day pack whilst hiking. The Hiking team will drop off all equipment (other belongings, tent, food, etc.) and set up your camp ahead of you, making for a relaxing, easy hiking experience. Glamping hikes are a great way to enjoy the pristine beauty of Fraser Island without having to carry a heavy pack all day!
Don’t have a lot of time!? Or just want to do a short hike, well this is for you! The Lake McKenzie Circuit 2 day hike allows you to see the best sights in just two days. Explore the world famous Lake McKenzie, Lake Wabby and lush tropical rainforests!
What You'll Get
DAY 1 - 10.6km
Arrive at our head office, for a short hiker briefing. The guide will then transfer the group to the first part of the walk. You will start the walk by hiking into Lake McKenzie, where you will break for lunch at the picnic area. Enjoy the stunning, beautiful white sanded beach and swim in the pristine freshwater perched lake. After lunch, you will then hike to the central rainforest area (Central Station).
Along the way you will stop off at the pristine Basin Lake where you can take a stop and have a refreshing swim, before hiking back to camp. Marvel at huge Satinay trees growing out of the pure sand in this rainforest wonderland. When you arrive back at Central Station walkers camp your guide will have set up your camp and be waiting for you with wine and cheese! The guide will prepare your yummy dinner, which you can enjoy before falling asleep under the stars!
• Overnight: Camping at Central Station walkers camp
• Note: there is composting toilets, running water and showers
DAY 2 - 9.6km
Wake up in the beautiful rainforest, after breakfast you will walk exploring the untouched, lush and tropical rainforest, before being picked up by your guide to start the next walk! The guide will drive you to the Eastern Beach, via Eurong township and the famous 75mile beach, where you will stop along the way to enjoy your lunch in the wilderness. You will then be dropped at the Lake Wabby entrance and walk into the lake, where you can relax in the deepest Lake on Fraser Island! Once finished, you will then do a short walk to the lookout point where you can enjoy a stunning view! You will then be driven back to Kingfisher Bay Resort, where you can relax and have a nice sunset drink before boarding the barge back to Hervey Bay!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- Children minimum age 12 and must be accompanied by an adult
- Min 4 people required to operate this hike, max 6 people per hike. If you are a solo hiker please enquire and we can book you onto a hike with others.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Bush drop toilets, no showers, no electricity
- Hike departs from the Fraser Dingo 4WD Adventures office in Urangan, Hervey Bay, at approx 8am for your 4WD transfer to the Island (If you have pre arranged, it is possible to get a pick up from your hotel/ hostel in Hervey Bay *may cost extra).
- The 4WD transfer goes from the Fraser Dingo 4WD Adventures office to the River Heads Barge and then onto Fraser Island to your hiking destination. Hiking on Fraser Island is subject to the Great Walk hiking tracks being open, keeping the tracks open is based on a precipitation level, due to fire safety. This is monitored by Queensland National Parks, as they can close the hiking tracks with little notice especially in the warmer months of Nov - March, therefore we only run this hike from March to October to ensure safety and confirmation.
- However in the event of a track closure or dangerous weather conditions, beyond our control, Fraser Island Hiking will offer a full refund or an alternative option (such as a 4WD hire or tag along tour - costs may apply).
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- All meals and drinks (2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners, snacks and nibbles, complimentary glass of red, white wine or beer with dinner), water will be available to fill your bottle from each night at camp.
- Round trip barge and 4WD transfer
- Carry and drop off of overnight bags
- Camp set up and meal preparation
- Tents and equipment - sleeping bags, comfy sleeping mats, camp pillows & pillow slip. Please note our prices are based on twin share - 1 tent set up for 2 persons, if you require otherwise please let us know, there may be a charge for requiring a single tent)
- Detailed information and personal guide - hiker information, safety briefing, maps and itineraries, hikers camp permits included.
- Vehicle parking and storage of larger bags at our office.
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Suitable walking/ hiking shoes
- Overnight bag (transferred by the guide) - this should be a small bag containing belongings you will need at the hikers camps after your day(s) of walking. This could include: sleeping bag liner, warm overnight clothes, pillow (we provide a blow up camp pillow and slip), personal belongs, pack towel (easy drying), spare change of clothes. No suitcases - soft bags only.
- USB Power Pack - to charge your phone or camera as there will be no access to electricity on the island.
- Torch - head torch is recommended (we provide small lanterns around camp)
- Day pack with essentials - you will carry this as you walk, this could include: camera, phone, swimmers/pack towel, torch, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, insect repellent, reusable water bottle to carry water during the day approx. (1.5 ltr), or a water reservoir (water available for refilling at camp)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Fraser Dingo 4WD Hire in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.