Spend an incredible day exploring the natural beauty of Fraser Island, seeing highlights such as Central Station, Wanggoolba Creek, Lake McKenzie, Eli Creek, Seventy-Five Mile Beach, the Pinnacles, and the Maheno shipwreck. The island is a natural treasure chest, with abundant animal and plant life on land, and dolphins, dugong, sharks and humpback whales offshore. You’ll experience the island’s best on a full day trip with an expert guide, with plenty of time to enjoy the pristine lakes, beaches, creeks and rainforest.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake McKenzie, Fraser Island, Queensland 4581 Australia
Enjoy a revitalising swim in the crystal blue waters and relax on the sandy white beaches… it’s picture perfect!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Wanggoolba Creek, Fraser Island, Queensland Australia
Stroll along the boardwalk to discover the ancient King Ferns and the crystal clear waters of Wanggoolba Creek
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Seventy-Five Mile Beach, Fraser Island, Queensland Australia
As you drive along this sandy highway, you may spot birds of prey flying above or humpback whales as they migrate past (between July – November). You may wish to join the Air Fraser team for a scenic flight over the island - book with your guide on tour (optional extra).
Stop At: S.S. Maheno, Fraser Island QLD 4581, Australia
Enjoy a photo stop at the rusting wreck of the Maheno washed ashore during an out-of-season cyclone in 1935 – it’s one of Fraser Island’s most recognisable sites
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Central Station Rainforest, Fraser Island, Queensland Australia
This former logging station that housed schools and shops for the bustling timber industry is now a tourist stop. Stroll along the Wanggoolba Creek boardwalk to discover the ancient King Ferns, towering Ghost Gums and Pine trees
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Fraser Explorer Tours, Fraser Island, Queensland Australia
Local guides and custom designed 4WD buses air conditioned for your comfort
Stop At: The Pinnacles, Pinnacles Dr, Fraser Island, Queensland 4581 Australia
Learn how these technicolour sand formations were created and the Butchulla legends surrounding them. We stop to take a picture as we drive along Seventy-Five Mile Beach.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Eli Creek, 75 Mile Beach Road, Fraser Island, Queensland 4581 Australia
Float down this fast-flowing freshwater creek pouring out 80 megalitres of water daily into the ocean.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Please bring sunscreen, hat and swimwear
- Audio guide app available in Spanish, Italian, German, Korean, Japanese and Chinese
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Transport by air-conditioned 4WD coach
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- National Park fees and fuel levies
- Return ferry transfers
- Drinks (available to purchase)
- Optional scenic flight (Approximately AU$80 per person, payable locally, on the day of travel)
1: 1 Buccaneer Dr, Urangan QLD 4655, Australia
2: 6 Rainbow Beach Rd, Rainbow Beach QLD 4581, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Fraser Explorer Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.