Reward yourself with this premium whale watching tour departing Hervey Bay on-board the Freedom III. There is plenty of time to witness close encounters and stunning behaviors of the majestic humpback whales whilst in the shelter of Fraser Island. Maximum 49 passengers, includes freshly baked morning tea, tropical buffet lunch and fruit and cheese platter on the way home. Expert commentary, friendly and caring crew make this a tour to treasure.
What You'll Get
The tour departs from Urangan Harbour, passing Round Island, the Urangan Jetty, Big Woody Island. Some information on the history of the area is given by the skipper. Whales are usually sighted at least 30minutes after departure while in the Platypus Bay Area, inside Fraser Island.
The tour often follows much of the Western Beaches of Fraser Island. It may be possible to witness many different whale behaviours as well as listening to whalesong through the hydrophone. Other marine animals, such as dolphins, turtles and sea birds may be observed as well. Guests will be offered morning tea, buffet lunch and afternoon tea during the tour.
• Freedom Whale Watch, Great Sandy Straits Marina, 17 Buccaneer Drive, Hervey Bay, Queensland 4655 Australia
• Fraser Island, Hervey Bay, Queensland Australia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- We can arrange pet sitting if required.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Morning and Afternoon tea
- Lunch - Tropical Buffet lunch
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Live commentary on board
- Guaranteed sightings form 1 August to 20 October or a free return tour
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Great Sandy Straits Marina Urangan Hervey Bay, 17 Buccaneer Dr, Urangan QLD 4655, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Esplanade pick-ups are from the beachside opposite most motels.
Urraween Pickups are at 8:30
Pt Vernon pickups are at 8:40
Pialba pickups are at 8:45
Scarness pickups are at 8:50
Torquay pickups are at 9am
Shelly Beach pickups are at 9:05
Urangan Pickups are at 9:10
Other accommodation pick-ups can be arranged.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Freedom Whale Watch in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.