Reward yourself with this premium whale watching tour departing Hervey Bay on-board the Freedom III. There is plenty of time to witness close encounters and stunning behaviors of the majestic humpback whales whilst in the shelter of Fraser Island. Maximum 46 passengers, includes freshly baked morning tea, tropical buffet lunch and fruit and cheese platter on the way home. Expert commentary, friendly and caring crew make this a tour to treasure.
Strict personal hygiene and cleaning procedures are conducted hourly to ensure our crew and passengers' safety.
About This Deal
The tour departs from Urangan Harbour, passing Round Island, the Urangan Jetty, Big Woody Island. Some information on the history of the area is given by the skipper. Whales are usually sighted at least 30 minutes after departure while in the Platypus Bay Area, inside Fraser Island.
The tour often follows much of the Western Beaches of Fraser Island. It may be possible to witness many different whale behaviours as well as listening to whalesong through the hydrophone. Other marine animals, such as dolphins, turtles and sea birds may be observed as well. Guests will be offered morning tea, buffet lunch and afternoon tea during the tour.
• Freedom Whale Watch, Great Sandy Straits Marina, 17 Buccaneer Drive, Hervey Bay, Queensland 4655 Australia
• Fraser Island, Hervey Bay, Queensland Australia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- We can arrange pet sitting if required.
- Most travelers can participate
- Due to COVID-19 we will not allow unwell passengers aboard
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 46 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Reduced passenger numbers as per state guidelines. Queensland Check in App is mandatory for COVID tracing if needed.
- Morning and Afternoon tea
- Lunch - Tropical Buffet lunch
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Live commentary on board
- Guaranteed sightings form 1 August to 20 October or a free return tour
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Great Sandy Straits Marina Urangan Hervey Bay, 17 Buccaneer Dr, Urangan QLD 4655, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Esplanade pick-ups are from the beachside opposite most motels.
Urraween Pickups are at 8:30
Pt Vernon pickups are at 8:40
Pialba pickups are at 8:45
Scarness pickups are at 8:50
Torquay pickups are at 9am
Shelly Beach pickups are at 9:05
Urangan Pickups are at 9:10
Other accommodation pick-ups can be arranged.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Freedom Whale Watch in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.