You didn’t come to the Blue Mountains to see the inside of a bus did you? Get right into the heart of it on this action-filled day hike in the beautiful World Heritage National Park. Walk along trails visited only by locals, with an award-winning guide who will share stories and fascinating facts that you won't learn on any other tour.
You’ll also have the opportunity to ride out of the valley in style on the World’s steepest train – backwards!
Say goodbye to soggy sandwiches. Instead, enjoy morning tea in the forest, with a selection of Australian native teas, fresh bush coffee and locally-made cookies. At lunch time, we can savour a gourmet picnic platter of cheese and deli meats, artisan crackers, freshly baked sourdough bread and other local products from the Blue Mountains region, made fresh, just for you.
This tour is perfect for anyone who wants a locally guided experience, away from the crowds and amongst the beautiful nature that made the Blue Mountains so famous!
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Leura Cascades, Cliff Drive, Leura, New South Wales Australia
Our tour will start at Leura Cascades, visited only by locals and those in the know.
Pass By: Katoomba Falls, Katoomba, New South Wales Australia
Pass right over the mighty Katoomba Falls, the source of water for most of the Jamison Valley.
Stop At: Scenic World, Katoomba NSW 2780, Australia
Enjoy a thrilling once-in-a-lifetime ride on the world's steepest railway - backwards! This is the most exciting (and least physical) way out of the valley.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Three Sisters, Echo Point road Echo Point, Katoomba, New South Wales 2780 Australia
Join the famous Three Sisters for lunch, with a gourmet cheese platter, highlighting local artisan products, prepared freshly just for you as you overlook the entire Jamison Valley.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Prince Henry Cliff Walk, Blue Mountains National Park, Katoomba, New South Wales Australia
Stroll along the historic Prince Henry Cliff Top walk, a magnificent track that will keep you high above the valley, trailing along the cliff edge.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The hike is 14km long, with approximately 6 hrs of walking, broken up with regular breaks.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Lunch - A gourmet picnic lunch will be prepared, highlighting local Sydney and Blue Mountain's artisan products.
- Snacks - Each hiker will receive a personal, handmade trail mix to snack along the walk. Fresh fruit and chocolate will also be shared through the day.
- Coffee and/or Tea - Whether is a fresh pot of coffee, or a cup of tea, there is nothing like a warm cuppa in the bush. We will stop for morning tea, and enjoy the beautiful scenery with a snack.
- A ride on the Scenic Railway out of the valley floor - Backwards!
- An award-winning guide, who will bring to life the landscape, sharing fascinating facts and stories
- Entry/Admission - Scenic World
Traveler pickup is offered
Please meet us at Railway Colonnade Drive, Haymarket at 6:30am. A detailed meeting place map will be provided with your booking confirmation.
Guests are also welcome to join the tour in the Blue Mountains. Please contact us directly to make any special arrangements.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Freeland Hiking Co. in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.