Starting early from Sydney, we’ll arrive in the Blue Mountains, and immediately be immersed in the stunning Australian bush. Descending through the canopy of sub-tropical rainforest, you’ll be surrounded by the fresh scent of the Eucalyptus forest as you follow the magical Leura cascades to the valley floor.Our guides love what they do, and they’ll take the time to share fascinating facts about the plants you see along the way, the geological phenomenons of the mountains, and the extensive human history of the area. Arriving at Scenic World, we’ll ride out of the valley in style on the World’s Steepest Railway, stopping for a well-deserved break and a gourmet picnic lunch; a kaleidoscope of fresh produce and local artisan products from the region.For the rest of the tour, we’ll stay high above the valley. Several dramatic lookouts will provide expansive views of the famous Three Sisters, the mighty Mt Solitary and the entire Jamieson Valley, stretching as far as the eye can see.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Blue Mountains National Park Glenbrook, Bruce Road, Glenbrook, New South Wales 2773 Australia
We will spend the day in the World Heritage listed Blue Mountains National Park. But unlike many of the day-tours to this area, this is a boutique tour, guided by a local expert, with the intention of taking you deeper in the beautiful nature that made the Blue Mountains so famous in the first place.
We'll walk along trails visited only by locals, and I'll share with you stories and fascinating facts that you won't learn on any other tour.
Duration: 6 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Lunch - A gourmet picnic lunch will be prepared, highlighting local Sydney and Blue Mountain's artisan products.
- Snacks - Each hiker will receive a personal, handmade trail mix to snack along the walk. Fresh fruit and chocolate will also be shared through the day.
- Coffee and/or Tea - Whether is a fresh opt of coffee, or a cup of tea, there is nothing like a warm cuppa in the bush. We will stop for morning tea, and enjoy the beautiful scenery with a snack.
- A ride on the Scenic Railway out of the valley floor - Backwards!
1: Railway Colonnade Drive, Railway Colonnade Dr, Haymarket NSW 2000, Australia
2: Blue Mountains, New South Wales, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Freeland Hiking Co. in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.