The Snowy River Hydro System in The Australian Alps, and the building of The Great Ocean Road are both significant and lasting memories to the service men and women of both world wars.
In the case of The Great Ocean Road it was carved out largely by pick and shovel. What we have now is a remarkable road that follows the cliffs and bays along the coastline of Southern Victoria. We follow this road from Anglesea to Lorne stopping frequently to admire the stunning views along the way.
This is literally, where the Bush meets the Sea and it's not unusual to catch a glimpse of wallabies and parrots as we drive to Lorne.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Great Ocean Road Memorial Archway, Great Ocean Rd 689/721 Great Ocean Rd, Lorne, Victoria Australia
Come with us and experience one of the world's most incredible and scenic roads. Cut into the cliffs overlooking the Great Southern Ocean, we will drive over 50km of this amazing road.
Our first stop will be the Anglesea Lookout, and from there we will drive to the Memorial Arch. This is regarded as the official start of The Great Ocean Road and a chance to take a few selfies at the iconic Arch. From there we will travel to Lorne where you will have an hour to look around and have a bite to eat, wander around the shops and take a short walk on the beach. We will then drive up to Teddy's lookout for one of the most spectacular views along the Great Ocean Road.
On the way back we have one more stop at The Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie, the amazing Chocolate Factory. Included in the tour is a tasting experience of 12 varieties of the the home made chocolate.
Duration: 7 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Geelong Tours are approved Covid 19 compliant by the Australian Tourism Export Council.
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottles of water are provided at the start of the tour
- Tasting of 12 varieties of the chocolate speciality products
- Coffee and/or Tea
1: National Wool Museum, 26 Moorabool St, Geelong VIC 3220, Australia
2: Geelong Railway Station, Geelong VIC 3220, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Geelong Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.