Pickup in the Barossa Valley offering door to door service for people staying in the main towns. This tour is a small group tour generally no more than 12 people, offering a very intimate and personal day exploring the Barossa. Your day will include great wine, picturesque views, meeting interesting local characters, trying amazing local foods and enjoying lunch with your new found friends. Highlights we generally visit are iconic places such as Maggie Beers Farm Shop, Seppeltsfield Winery, enjoy wine tasting and gourmet platter lunch at a winery such as Thorn Clarke, Z Wines and Rosenvale Wines. Enjoy visiting Barossa Valley Cheese and the picturesque views of Mengler's Hill. *Itinerary subject to change
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 730 Seppeltsfield Rd, Seppeltsfield, South Australia 5355 Australia
Guests will experience the majesty of the Seppeltsfield Winery Estate, an historic icon of the Barossa and integral part of its storied history. Learn the story of the Seppelt family, the phenomenal fortified wines upon which they have built their reputation and taste a broad range of their current wine offerings. Don’t forget to ask about the Centennial collection, the only wine collection of wines of its type in the world with more than 120 years of consecutive vintages currently stored in the barrel.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Dell'uva Wines, 15 Murray St, Greenock, South Australia 5355 Australia
Guests will enjoy a truly unique offering at this boutique cellar door offering a taste of what the Barossa Valley is offering into the future. Dell'uva offer a different take on the status quo, with one of the largest collections of varietals in the country! With more than 40 different European varietals, guests will expand their appreciation of what the valley can offer beyond the classic big reds of Shiraz and Cabernet. Also showcasing the forgotten art of amphorae (fermentation in wax-lined clay pots) there is plenty to learn and lots to sample at Dell'uva Wines.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Maggie Beer's Farm Shop, Pheasant Farm Road, Nuriootpa, South Australia 5355 Australia
No trip to the Barossa would be complete without a stop at the Farm Shop home of one of Australia's most celebrated Gourmet Food Ambassadors, Maggie Beer. Guests can explore the farm shop and taste a wide variety of Maggie's delicacies, wander the picturesque grounds taking in the sights, sounds and smells of the farm and beautiful lagoon with resident ducks and turtles to entertain and delight.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Chateau Tanunda, 9 Basedow Rd, Tanunda, South Australia 5352 Australia
Guests get to explore this amazing Chateau in Tanunda, experience their award winning wine, and enjoy a platter for lunch with your new found friends.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mengler's Hill Lookout Sculpture Park, Mengler Hill Road, Angaston, South Australia Australia
Next up, it's time for a survey of the valley, from the Valley's most recognised viewpoint, Mengler's Hill. From here guests will take in the views of the sweeping valley, from eastern to western ridge and all the way to the wheat-belt. Our experienced and knowledgeable guide will point out specific landmarks and explain a little of the regions and the different vineyards you can see from here. This is also a perfect photo-opportunity so practice your selfie skills here (Our Guides are on hand to take the perfect framed shot).
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Barossa Valley Cheese Company, 67b Murray St, Angaston, South Australia 5353 Australia
Even after a lunch stop, there is always room for a little cheese tasting - especially when it is a selection from the award-winning Barossa Valley Cheese Company, an artisan cheese producer utilising local dairy where possible with a focus on soft cheese styles. Cheese keep very well and you will certainly be able to make some purchases to be enjoyed later or shared with friends. *Please note Barossa Valley Cheese Co are not open Public Holidays.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Z Wine, 109 - 111 Murray St Shop 3, Tanunda, South Australia 5352 Australia
Experience the premium wines and local hospitality of one of the region's boutique wineries such as Z Wines in Tanunda. Owned and operated by sisters with a long family history in Valley, their family lineage goes back to some of the very first settlers here. Wine-maker and Wine-marketer, the sisters are producing spectacular wines and serve them to guests in a gorgeous setting Cellar Door with truly unique decor. Other Cellar Doors that may be substituted based on availability include Rosenvale Wines, Thorne Clark in the Eden Valley region and Grant Burge Wines among others. *Locations subject to change.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Infant meals not included
- We recommend that parents bring a lunch for their child/infant
- Dress code is smart casual
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- This tour is only for Barossa pickup tours and are for 6 hours,
- Confirmation of pick up time - you are required to contact our office 24 hours prior to tour on 08 8563 1000
- Office hours for confirmation are Mon-Fri 9.00 am - 5.00 pm, Sat-Sun and Public holidays 11.00 am -3 .00 pm
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Barossa Valley
- Wine and food tasting
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Seppeltsfield
- Entry/Admission - Dell'uva Wines
- Entry/Admission - Maggie Beer's Farm Shop
- Entry/Admission - Chateau Tanunda
- Entry/Admission - Z Wine
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Lunch is not included for infants or children
Getaways Reservation Service, 43 Murray St, Tanunda SA 5352, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Getaways SA offer door to door service from your accommodation, including hotels, BnBs, vacation rentals etc. Please provide your pickup point. Additional charges may apply for remote locations.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Getaways SA in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.