Take a journey to a working gold mine then on to the splendor of The Perth Mint. Located just 130km from Perth, the Newmont Boddington Gold Mine is a confortable day trip and the only working mine of this scale so close to Perth, Western Australia's Capital City. Kitted out in 'high vis' safety gear, you will visit the rim of the giant South Pit at Newmont's Boddington Gold Mine to see huge haul trucks transporting their loads and travel through the plant where ore is crushed and copper and gold are separated. After lunch and gold panning in the picturesque Boddington town site, your journey continues to The Perth Mint where Western Australia's golden history comes to life. Watch molten gold being poured to form a gleaming gold bar, see the largest gold coin in the world and the second biggest natural nugget in existence. Then view precious coins and medallions being minted, handle a real gold bar and experience the spectacular jewelry at The Perth Mint Shop.
About This Deal
Starting from the Perth Mint at 7:30 our friendly tour guide and prestige coach will take on a journey down to the Boddington Gold Mine. Stopping half way for a rest stop a delicious morning tea is distributed to guests free of charge. When arriving at the mine safety gear will be distributed and once fitted you will be ready to commence a 90 minute guided tour of the mine where you will see huge haul trucks transporting their loads and travel through the plant where ore is crushed and copper and gold separated. After the tour you will be taken to the Boddington Resource Centre where a delicious and multi cultural buffet will be waiting for you. Before making your journey back to the Perth Mint you will be given the chance to pan for gold yourself and discover exciting treasures. You will return to the mint at approximately 3:30 where we will leave you with the friendly staff of the Perth Mint for your final guided tour. The anticipated finish time is roughly 4:30pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Dress code is long sleeve shirt and pants and fully enclosed shoes.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum numbers apply (10 pax) . There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Light refreshments
- Coffee and/or Tea
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Tour escort/host
- Hop-on hop-off tour
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
The Perth Mint
The Perth Mint
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Go West Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.