Enjoy a full day of heritage, beautiful scenery and wildlife encounters!
The Dandenong Ranges are home to some of the most beautiful temperate rainforests in Victoria. Dotted with small towns, this area is vastly untouched and offers a chance to really get back to nature. Your trip on Puffing Billy will take you through towering gullies, under huge ancient ferns and up winding hills, giving you the best views of the area.
Next you will have the chance to see Australia's most iconic wildlife at Moonlit Sanctuary. Wander the Wallaby Walk where Kangaroos roam free or spot the sleepy Koalas.
Towards the end of your day, our guide will take you to the world-famous Penguin Parade to watch hundreds of Little Penguins arrive at dusk. See them waddle up the beach to their nesting grounds for a rest before returning to sea the following day. Don't forget to take a walk along the many board walks and paths as you might be able to see them up even closer!
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Puffing Billy Railway Lakeside Station, Emerald Lake Rd, Emerald VIC 3782, Australia
All aboard for a trip back in time! See the magnificently restored Puffing Billy Steam Train, maintained by a group of dedicated volunteers. Wind through the beautiful green forests of the Dandenong Ranges taking in spectacular scenery and views.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park, 550 Tyabb-Tooradin Rd, Pearcedale, Victoria 3912 Australia
As a sanctuary dedicated to the conservation of native Australia animals, you will have the opportunity to see some of the country's most iconic wildlife. See Wombats, Kangaroos, Wallabies, Emus, Koalas and Dingoes while you wander through the park.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: The Nobbies Centre, 1320 Ventnor Rd, Summerlands, Phillip Island, Victoria 3922 Australia
Can you spot one of the local Fur Seals lazing on the rocks? Enjoy stunning panoramic views across the the Island's coast and out towards the Bass Strait.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade, 1019 Ventnor Rd Summerlannds Estate, Summerlands, Phillip Island, Victoria 3922 Australia
Wait in anticipation for the nightly spectacle which is the Penguin Parade. Watch as hundreds of Little Penguins emerge from the surf and waddle up the beach to their nesting grounds. Our guide will help you get the best seats possible and point out the visitors centre which is full of interesting exhibits and information. Don't forget to grab yourself a souvenir from the gift shop!
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Please limit luggage to a small backpack or bag weighing no more than 11lbs ( 5 kg)
- Kindly note that absolutely NO photography is permitted at the Penguin Parade in the interests of animal welfare
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- The safety & well-being of our guests and team members is Go West Tours’ highest priority. We continue to monitor all updates from the Australian & Victorian governments and will continue to update & evolve our responses & protocols in line with best practice.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Entry fees to Moonlit Sanctuary & the Penguin Parade
- One-way ride on Puffing Billy Steam Train
- Friendly & informative tour guide
- Pickup from selected hotels
- Entry/Admission - Puffing Billy Railway Lakeside Station
- Entry/Admission - Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park
- Entry/Admission - Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade
- Meals & drinks
12 to 14 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Go West Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.