This tour is the only dedicated 2 day hiking/sightseeing and camping tour of Wilsons Promontory National Park. We hike to the incredible Big Drift sand dunes, plus complete the epic walk out to Pillar Point and Squeaky Beach. In the evening we go stargazing on the beach and make friends with the wombats before enjoying camping in Tidal River campground. On the second day we hike to the summit of Mount Oberon and spend time exploring Picnic Bay and Whisky Bay. On the way back to Melbourne if we have time, we'll stop at Waratah Hills winery to enjoy a tasting. If you are looking for something small group based that's unique then this is the tour for you.
What You'll Get
Day 1: Wilsons Prom Hikes and Camping
Stop At: Big Drift, Promontory Rd, Wilsons Promontory National Park, Victoria Australia
We go on an awesome short 4km return walk out to explore the vast sand dune system at the northern end of the National Park. The dunes provide incredible views over the coast, surrounding farm land and the mountains in the distance.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Squeaky Beach, Wilsons Promontory Road, Wilsons Promontory National Park, Victoria 3960 Australia
We hike from our campground in Tidal River, out to Pillar Point for epic views across both Norman Bay Beach and Squeaky Beach. We then descend down onto Squeaky Beach so guests can enjoy the pristine white sands and we'll relax here before walking back to camp via the Tidal Overlook Trail
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tidal River Footbridge, Sixth Ave Tidal River, Wilsons Promontory National Park, Victoria 3960 Australia
Tidal River is the main campground at Wilsons Promontory National Park and it's where our small group tour will camp.
Duration: 12 hours
• Dinner: Guests will be cooked a BBQ dinner with salads. Vegetarian and Vegan travellers can be accommodated for.
Accommodation included: Tent camping at Tidal River. Guests will be provided their own tent with sleeping mat, pillow and sleeping bag.
Day 2: Mount Oberon Summit and more beach hangs
Stop At: Mt Oberon Summit Walk, Mount Oberon Carpark Road, Wilsons Promontory National Park, Victoria 3960 Australia
After breakfast we'll catch the shuttle bus to Telegraph Saddle where we'll start the 7.5km return walk to the summit of Mt Oberon for epic views over the National Park. The trail gradually climbs on a compact wide path under a forest canopy until the last 200m which involves some steep rocky sections but there are handrails in place to make it achievable for everyone.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Picnic Bay, Wilsons Promontory rd, Wilsons Promontory National Park, Victoria Australia
After we've enjoyed the summit of Mt Oberon and had lunch, we'll drive to Picnic Bay so guests can enjoy relaxing on the beach.
• Breakfast: Guests will be provided cereal and fruit for breakfast.
No accommodation included on this day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Snacks - Muesli bars and fruit
- Water - guests are encouraged to bring their own water bottle.
- Entry/Admission - Big Drift
- Entry/Admission - Squeaky Beach
- Entry/Admission - Tidal River Footbridge
- Entry/Admission - Mt Oberon Summit Walk
- Lunch for both days is not included.
Russell Street Extension, Russell St Ext, Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Good Times Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.