Do you enjoy historical tours? This full day tour from Hobart has been designed to allow as much time as possible to explore Port Arthur. Formerly a convict site, Port Arthur is bursting with history and today boasts a landscape of natural beauty, scenic ruins and restored buildings. Make the most out of your day and join the informative fully guided historical walking tour then jump on board the relaxing cruise to the Isle of the Dead!
What You'll Get
Departing Hobart we travel across the Tasman Bridge and into the Coal River Valley, an award winning wine producing area surrounding the historic town of Richmond (Oct-Apr). Enjoy an orientation drive through this quaint historic town with a short photo stop at the famous convict built Richmond Bridge. We continue onto the Tasman Peninsula, an area abound with natural bushland, native wildlife and amazing coastal scenery.
At our stop in the Tasman National Park, you’ll be in awe of the wonderful views at Pirates Bay lookout. Great photo opportunity!
Arriving at Port Arthur we have approximately 5 hours to soak up the atmosphere of this World Heritage Site. Visit the interpretation centre and follow the harrowing life of a convict. Join a guided walking tour to learn about the many restored buildings and ruins, including the Penitentiary, Commandant’s House and the Church. Enjoy a cruise on Carnarvon Bay around the Isle of the Dead then back to the Historic Site for free time to purchase your own lunch and explore at your own pace.
Click on "View Additional Info" for the hotel pickup list
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring good walking shoes for the walking tour. If you do not wish to participate in the full walking tour, please note small golf buggies are available free of charge. Passengers can locate a buggy at the front entrance of Port Arthur Visitor Center.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Port Arthur Historic Site guided tour
- 30-minute Harbor Cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Entry/Admission - Port Arthur Historic Site
- Food and drinks
Concludes at Bus Terminal, Brooke Street Pier, Hobart at approximately 5:00pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Gray Line Australia in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.