In just 3 hours you will gain personal stories and insights into the life of the locals and the iconic attractions of Hobart. Hobart is a city of yachts and spinnakers, gardens and galleries, sandstone cottages and stately Georgian homes. You can enjoy all this from the luxury of Hobart's newest open top-double decker bus. An educational and fun tour for the whole family!
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Salamanca Place, Salamanca Pl, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
We begin our tour discovering this historic precinct of Hobart, once home to sailors, whalers and workmen. Home to a long row of 1830's Georgian sandstone warehouses, Salamanca is now a vibrant and bustling part of the Hobart Waterfront. Filled with cafe's, galleries, artists and artisan shops, Salamanca is a must see.
Pass By: Battery Point TAS 7004, Australia
From Salamanca Place we wind our way into the historic and charming suburb of Battery Point. Enjoy the 19th century sandstone and weatherboard cottages that line these quaint streets. Pass by the colonial era Kelly's Steps and the picturesque St George's Church.
Stop At: Nutgrove Beach, Nutgrove Avenue, Hobart, Tasmania 7005 Australia
After leaving Battery Point, we make our way to the picturesque suburb of Sandy Bay. Nestled on the banks of the Derwent River and home to the famous Wrest Point Casino and Nutgrove Beach, we enjoy a photo stop/opportunity here.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Cascade Gardens, 2 McRobies Rd, Hobart, Tasmania 7004 Australia
We travel to the suburb of South Hobart and stop at the Cascade Gardens with an option to walk and view the exterior of the historic Cascade Brewery building. An excellent photo opportunity with close by kunanyi/Mt Wellington as the backdrop.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Cascades Female Factory Historic Site, 16 Degraves St South Hobart, Hobart, Tasmania 7004 Australia
Visit the remains of the Female Factory - a one-time female prison - featured in Bryce Courtenay's novel, The Potato Factory.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, Lower Domain Road Queens Domain, Hobart, Tasmania 7000 Australia
We make our way to the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, where you can enjoy some free time to explore at your own pace. Covering 14 hectares of easily walkable landscaped gardens, there is plenty to see including two remarkable convict built walls and the world's only sub-Antarctic plant house.
Duration: 45 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 70 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Live Commentary
- Entry/Admission - Cascades Female Factory Historic Site
- Entry/Admission - Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens
- Food and drinks
1: Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 20 Davey St (and Elizabeth Mall Information Hub, Elizabeth St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
2: Mona Brooke Ferry Terminal, Franklin Whrf, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Gray Line Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.