On this Cafe Culture tour, your guide will lead you to explore the maze of Melbourne’s laneways, learning how the coffee culture evolved from the coffee palaces of the ’50s to the trendy cafes of today. This tour gives you the chance to escape the most crowded spots in favor of smaller, less-frequented lanes, hiding away some of the most unique and interesting cafes. Soak up the aroma of roasting coffee beans, while tasting the delights that Melbourne cafes have on offer.This tour isn’t just for coffee enthusiasts; tea, chocolate and sweet treats also feature on this tour.After indulging in some of the best cafes and delights Melbourne has on offer, your tour concludes with a great cafe-style lunch in yet another unique, hidden Melbourne location.
What You'll Get
As cafe lovers will tell you, there is more to coffee than a 43-bean blend – it’s also about where you’re enjoying your cup of joe. Nowhere in Australia is this more true that in Melbourne, home to a thriving cafe culture. On this small-group walking tour through Melbourne’s maze of narrow laneways, hear from your local guide the stories of the coffee revolution, from the large coffee palaces in the 1950s to today’s hip boutique coffee bars.
Hop on the tram and ride away from the crowds to smaller, lesser-known lanes that are a coffee junkie’s paradise. As you walk, enjoy the rich aroma of coffee roasting and smell exotic herbs and spices coming from the cafes. Discover the individual characteristics of each cafe, which together make up the best cafe culture in Melbourne.
Finish your tour with a light and delicious cafe-style lunch and a cup of coffee, all included.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A maximum of 8 people per tour, ensures personal service
- Not recommended for child aged 13 and under
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Local guide
- Cafe-style lunch
- Coffee and food tastings
- Information pack with city maps
- Reusable coffee cup
- Entry/Admission - Hidden Secrets Tours
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Please meet your guide outside Hill of Content Bookshop.
Concludes at approximately 2pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Hidden Secrets Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.