On this Cafe Culture tour, your guide will lead you to explore the maze of Melbourne’s laneways, learning how the coffee culture evolved from the coffee palaces of the ‘50s to the trendy cafes of today. This tour gives you the chance to escape the most crowded spots in favor of smaller, less-frequented lanes, hiding away some of the most unique and interesting cafes. Soak up the aroma of roasting coffee beans, while tasting the delights that Melbourne cafes have on offer.
This tour isn’t just for coffee enthusiasts; tea, chocolate and sweet treats also feature on this tour.
After indulging in some of the best cafes and delights Melbourne has on offer, your tour concludes with a great cafe-style lunch in yet another unique, hidden Melbourne location.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hill of Content bookshop, 86 Bourke St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
Start your Cafe and Coffee tour here at this iconic store
Stop At: Hardware Lane, Melbourne, Victoria Australia
As cafe lovers will tell you, there is more to coffee than a 43-bean blend – it’s also about where you’re enjoying your cup of joe. Nowhere in Australia is this more true that in Melbourne, home to a thriving cafe culture. On this small-group walking tour through Melbourne’s maze of narrow laneways, hear from your local guide the stories of the coffee revolution, from the large coffee palaces in the 1950s to today’s hip boutique coffee bars.
Stop At: Meyers Place Bar, Shop 7 24 Crossley Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
Hop on the tram and ride away from the crowds to smaller, lesser-known lanes that are a coffee junkie’s paradise. As you walk, enjoy the rich aroma of coffee roasting and smell exotic herbs and spices coming from the cafes. Discover the individual characteristics of each cafe, which together make up the best cafe culture in Melbourne.
Stop At: 333 Collins Street, 333 Collins St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
Finish your tour with a light and delicious cafe-style lunch and a cup of coffee, all included.
Stop At: Hidden Secrets Tours - Guided Walks of Melbourne, Suite 18, Level 6/37 Swanston St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A maximum of 8 people per tour, ensures personal service
- Not recommended for child aged 13 and under
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Local guide
- Cafe-style lunch
- Coffee and food tastings
- Information pack with city maps
- Reusable coffee cup
- Entry/Admission - 333 Collins Street
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Hill of Content Bookshop, 86 Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Hidden Secrets Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.