Overlooking the hinterland of Queensland's Sunshine Coast, the Glass House Mountains offer a great introduction to abseiling (aka rappelling) for those wishing to add a little adventure to their day. With your qualified guide, work your way up to abseiling on a 131-foot (40-meter) cliff face of Mt. Ngungun in Glass House Mountains National Park. Pinnacle Sports operates with small group to guide ratios so you get more out your adventure. Equipment is provided, and your professional guide will put you at ease and help you to complete this mental and physical challenge.
About This Deal
Located 60 minutes north of Brisbane, Mt Ngungun is a deservedly popular outdoor adventure destination. Here, you’ll meet your Pinnacle Guide in the morning for a quick lesson in abseil skills before walking into your first abseil site. Take a breather, whilst your guide sets up some atmospheric abseils at the lower cliffs.
Once you're comfortable on these abseils, walk up the trail to the upper cliffs where you'll be at the top of the 253m peak. Grab some lunch whilst taking in the stunning 360 views of the surrounding Glasshouses before heading down the 40m abseil into the forest below. From here your guide will walk you back out to your meeting point.
This is a unique adventure in a unique location, one we think you’ll find quite hard to forget!
• Mount Ngungun, Glass House Mountains, Queensland Australia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for people with noteworthy medical conditions, such as asthma, epilepsy, angina, diabetes, back- or leg-related physical concerns or conditions associated with pregnancy; please contact the local operator prior to booking if in doubt
- Activity is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or, in certain circumstances, a full refund
- A moderate level of fitness is required due to the amount of walking involved
- Minimum age is 8 years (participants 8-16 years must be accompanied by an adult)
- Participants under 18 years require a waiver to be signed by a parent or legal guardian
- Please wear non-restrictive clothing that suits the weather on the day; as the summit is exposed, a light/wind jacket may be handy
- Enclosed footwear should be worn, ideally hiking boots or running shoes, as the track is gravel or rock and has steep sections. A backpack is essential; it should be large enough to carry your water and your allocated safety equipment (25-liter capacity); it is recommended that you bring a minimum 2-3 liters of water, a hat, insect repellent, and sunscreen
- Please note there are no facilities (toilets) in the national park. Drinking water is available from the car park. As this is not a catered activity, you are required to bring your own food and beverages to keep you powered up
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Professional guide
- All safety equipment
- Food and drinks (bring your own)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Mount Ngungun, Glass House Mountains QLD 4518, Australia
6 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the HIGHPOINT ADVENTURES PTY LTD T/A PINNACLE SPORTS in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.