Kangaroo Point Cliffs Park in the heart of Brisbane offers a unique chance to enjoy abseiling in an urban environment, easily accessed by both beginners and those with abseiling experience. After a safety introduction from a qualified guide, you’ll begin abseiling (aka rappelling) on the main cliffs. Watch as the sun sets on the Brisbane skyline and the city lights turn on for the night. Equipment is provided during this 2-hour activity.
What You'll Get
Abseiling can be both a physical and mental challenge, but your qualified guide is there to help you relax and become confident prior to your descent. This is done by familiarizing yourself with the equipment and techniques needed to safely abseil onto flat ground.
Your experience starts by meeting your guide at the top of the Kangaroo Point Cliffs in Brisbane. Go through a safety briefing and demonstration, and then begin the challenge of a 65-foot (20-meter) abseil from the top of the cliffs. Your guide will hook you onto a safety line before connecting you to the abseil line; during your descent, your guide is in control of your safety line.
Once you're on the ground, go back up to the top for another round. You may take as many abseils as you like in the allotted time. Guide-to-participant ratios are kept small to ensure you get the most out of your experience.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for people with noteworthy medical conditions, such as asthma, epilepsy, angina, diabetes, back- or leg-related physical concerns, or conditions associated with pregnancy. Please contact the local operator prior to booking if in doubt
- Activity is subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or, in certain circumstances, a full refund
- Minimum age is 8 years (participants 8-16 years must be accompanied by an adult)
- Participants 18 years and under require a waiver to be signed by a parent or legal guardian
- Please wear non-restrictive clothing that suits the weather on the day; shorts should be at least mid-thigh length so that the harness sits over your shorts
- Enclosed footwear should be worn, ideally hiking boots or running shoes
- Qualified and professional guide
- All safety equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks (bring your own)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the HIGHPOINT ADVENTURES PTY LTD T/A PINNACLE SPORTS in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.