Explore the beautiful Barossa Valley and enjoy the very best the region has to offer, with the option to experience the Barossa from above on a helicopter joy flight. Visit four wineries and cellar doors, enjoy cheese tastings plus indulge in a wine and chocolate pairing experience. Complimentary pickups and drop-offs are offered from your Glenelg, Adelaide CBD or Hahndorf accommodation. A la carte lunch at Lou Miranda Estate, Rowland Flat, with a glass of wine is optional or purchase your own lunch along the main street of Tanunda with a choice of over 20 eateries within a 500-meter strip.
What You'll Get
Your gourmet food, wine, and sightseeing tour begins with complimentary pickup from your Glenelg, Adelaide CBD or Hahndorf accommodation, before driving through the beautiful hills villages of Stirling, Aldgate and Bridgewater. Visit the Herbig Family Tree in Springton, an approximately 400-year-old hollow red gum tree, which housed the Herbig Family in 1858.
Drive to Angaston and sample cheeses at Barossa Cheese Co., then head to the magnificent Seppeltsfield Winery. See its 100-year-old palm-lined boulevard, to begin your wine tasting journey.
Head to Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop in Nuriootpa. Here, you can view and sample Maggie’s world-renowned products, with the option to purchase if you wish. You can also see the set where Maggie films 'The Cook and the Chef.'
Experience a panoramic view over the Barossa Valley at Mengler’s Hill Lookout and Sculpture Park.
Take an optional 10-minute helicopter flight over part of the Barossa Valley, allowing you to enjoy a bird’s eye view of this beautiful wine growing region (extra charge applies). If you are interested in this experience, please advise at time of booking.
By now you will be ready for lunch, as the group travels to Lou Miranda Restaurant and Winery where you will sample their quality wines. Select a glass of your favorite wine to accompany your choice of main course from their a la carte menu. If you prefer, explore Tanunda where you can purchase your own lunch, with a choice of over 20 eateries within a 500-meter strip on the main street.
After lunch, travel to Kellermeister Cellar Door to sit back and sample their premium wines, cider, and delicious chocolate liqueur.
Enjoy a special treat at Schild Estate to finish your tasting journey. Indulge in 5 handmade chocolate truffles paired with Schild Estate wines (for the non-chocolate lovers, enjoy a gourmet cheese platter instead).
The last stop is a visit to the Whispering Wall in Williamstown – a 9-story high reservoir built in approximately 1900 where words spoken in a whisper at one end can be heard clearly at the other end of the wall 140-meters away. It’s hard to believe, but the wall really does whisper!
Indulge in a complimentary box of chocolates on the drive home, before being dropped off at your Hahndorf, Glenelg or Adelaide CBD accommodation.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- We will contact you 24 hours prior to tour to advise of pick up time
- A minimum of 2 passengers is required for the tour to depart. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- A la carte lunch with a glass of wine (if selected)
- Wine and cider tasting
- Cheese and chocolate tasting
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Optional helicopter flight over the Barossa Valley (extra charge applies). If you are interested in this experience, please advise at time of booking.
Traveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pick up from your Adelaide CBD, Glenelg or Hahndorf accommodation.
We will contact you the afternoon before your tour to confirm pick up time.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Hills Luxury Day Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.