Spend a day discovering the best of the Adelaide Hills and Hahndorf, Australia’s oldest surviving German settlement. Enjoy a ‘wine flight’ accompanied by a matching cheese sampler plate, a plank of six boutique beers and the very best produce including cheese, chocolate, jam and condiment tastings, with free time to explore Hahndorf. Complimentary pickup and drop-off from your Glenelg, Adelaide CBD or Hahndorf accommodation is included.
What You'll Get
Your gourmet food, wine and sightseeing tour begins with complimentary pick up from your Glenelg, Adelaide CBD or Hahndorf accommodation, before heading to Haigh’s Chocolate Factory for a tour. Let your senses erupt as you are hit with the delicious smell of chocolate and enjoy a sample as you are shown the art of fine chocolate making.
Next, drive to Mount Lofty Summit to experience a wonderful panoramic view of Adelaide (you may even spot a kangaroo or koala!), before traveling through the beautiful Hills villages of Stirling, Aldgate and Bridgewater, arriving in Hahndorf.
Your first tasting for the day will be at Shaw and Smith Winery where you get to enjoy a Wine Flight consisting of three white and two red wines matched to assorted local cheeses.
Continue on to Beerenberg Strawberry Farm Shop – a sixth generation local business. Here you can view and sample their world renowned products with the option to purchase their delightful condiments to take home if you wish.
Then arrive at Sidewood Cellar Door to enjoy wine and cider tastings. There is a special treat for anyone who would like to try their luck at sinking a hole in one on the floating golf green. If you succeed you win AU$1000 in prizes.
Travel to Hahndorf and enjoy free time to explore and purchase your own lunch. Choose from over 40 cafes, pubs and restaurants within a 1km strip on the beautiful main street. Pop into Udder Delights for complimentary cheese tasting.
The last stop for the day is at Prancing Pony Brewery where you can experience a Beer Plank of six boutique beers. For the non-beer drinkers, enjoy a glass of wine, cider or tea/coffee.
Indulge in a complimentary box of chocolates on the drive home before being dropped off at your Hahndorf, Glenelg or Adelaide CBD accommodation.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- We will contact you the afternoon prior to your tour to advise of pick up time
- A minimum of 2 passengers is required for the tour to depart. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Please note the following changes to itinerary:
- Haigh’s Chocolates factory tour is subject to availability and is closed on Sunday. In this event we can visit Melba’s chocolate factory in Woodside.
- Sidewood Cellar Door is closed on Monday and Tuesday and will be substituted for another Adelaide Hills winery on these days.
- Prancing Pony Brewery is closed on Tuesday and will be substituted for another Adelaide Hills brewery on this day.
- Wine, cider and beer tasting
- Cheese, chocolate and condiment tasting
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 6 people
- Entry/Admission - Haigh's Chocolates Visitor Centre
- Entry/Admission - Shaw & Smith
- Entry/Admission - Prancing Pony Brewery
- Entry/Admission - Sidewood Estate Cellar Door
Glenelg, Adelaide CBD or Hahndorf accommodation
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Hills Luxury Day Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.