Enjoy a relaxing, informative guided tour among the most quiet, conservative and class conscious area of Tasmania which adjoins waterfront Salamanca and prestigious Sandy bay. See the elegant Georgian homes of the colonial gentry, picturesque accommodation for officers and quaint workers cottages. Walk through this very fashionable suburb, containing some of Tasmania’s oldest homes, gardens and iconic sights.
If you can't make it on a scheduled tour, please call to arrange a tour on a day and time to suit you.
About This Deal
Meet your guide outside Parliament House near Salamanca Place on the waterfront, and then set off on your 2-hour walking tour to explore historic Battery Point. Soak up the elegance, beauty and history of this quiet and exclusive area that was once farmland known as Cottage Green. This tour includes Arthur Circus and is full of stories including dubious property dealings by Governor Arthur, the fall of the carousing Reverend Knopwood and the ship building tycoon Alexander MacGregor whose finest of grand Georgian homes still stands today.
Battery Point is best appreciated at a leisurely pace on foot with a guide who can bring to life how wealth flowed into Battery Point from the influx of trade and the British Royal Navy shipping timber, wool and rum from the Salamanca docks and warehouses.
This easy walking tour starts at Parliament House and ends in Salamanca Place - world famous for its Saturday markets, the oldest markets in Australia. Your guide will be happy to direct you to some of our favourite cafés for a reviving coffee after the tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- This is a 2 hour walking tour along city pavements
- There are places to sit or perch along the route
- Wheelchair accessible along city pavements - if assistance is required, guest must provide their own carer
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Professional local guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Salamanca Place, Salamanca Pl, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Hobart Walking Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.