Discover Hobart's intense and lengthy love affair with wine, spirits and cider as we stroll along historic waterfront locations with liberal tastings at significant historic venues. Your tour will cover the history of Hobart’s wild colonial days and the fascinating role alcohol consumption played in the growth of the city. Also you'll discover the contemporary story of how Hobart is now the centre of the universe for world class wine, spirits and craft cider. This is a delicious 2 hour walking tour of Hobart with a friendly, knowledgeable guide and the tour will conclude at Salamanca Place.
If you can't make it on a scheduled tour, please call to arrange a tour on a day and time to suit you.
What You'll Get
Meet your guide outside the Henry Jones Art Hotel, 25 Hunter St Hobart on the waterfront, and then set off on your 2-hour walking tour to explore streets, buildings, people and history of Hobart.Along the way you will be offered tastings of premium Tasmanian wine, spirits and cider in elegant heritage listed buildings. As you walk, your guide will regale you with stories of the wild colonial days full of rum, corruption and scandal - and a lot of fun!
Finally we’ll arrive at Salamanca Place – world famous for its Saturday markets, the oldest markets in Australia. Your guide will be happy to direct you to some of our favourite haunts for a reviving coffee - or beer - after the tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Suitable for ages 18+ due to alcohol being consumed
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- This is a 2 hour walking tour along city pavements
- There are places to sit and savour the drinks along the route
- Wheelchair accessible along city pavements - if assistance is required, guest must provide their own carer
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Professional local guide
- Beverages included: tastings of Tasmanian wine, spirits and cider
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
The walking tour ends at Salamanca Place.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Hobart Walking Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.