Join a small group adventure and drive from Melbourne along the Great Ocean Road to Adelaide. Set off on a short but sweet road trip from Melbourne to Adelaide and get a taste of southern Australia's rugged natural beauty. Stop by the world-class surf break of Bells Beach, spot wild koalas at Kennett River and be captivated by each twist and turn of the Great Ocean Road. Soak up the dramatic horizon rendered by the Twelve Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge, learn about local Aboriginal history in the Grampians National Park and hike out to some attractive waterfalls before finishing up in the quaintly charming city of Adelaide.
What You'll Get
Day 1: The Great Ocean Road (L)
Departing cosmopolitan Melbourne, hit the road west to Geelong and the famous surf town of Torquay. After stopping for a quick photo opportunity at iconic Bells Beach, begin the journey along one of Australia’s most beautiful and famous drives, the Great Ocean Road. Stop in at Kennett River for some koala spotting, then break for lunch in Apollo Bay. Continue on to the Twelve Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge, spending the night in Warrnambool.
Overnight in Dormitory Style Accommodation, Warrnambool
Day 2: The Grampians (B,D)
Begin the day checking out more of the Great Ocean Road's wonders, then drive into the Grampians National Park – an area rich in Aboriginal culture and beautiful landscapes. Visit the Brambuk Aboriginal Culture Centre to learn about the period known as the Dreaming, then hike up to the Pinnacles for impressive views across the Grampians. Tonight enjoy a traditional Aussie BBQ in Halls Gap.
Overnight in Dormitory Style Accommodation, Halls Gap
Day 3: The Grampians to Adelaide (B)
Hike up to McKenzie Falls, the highest waterfalls in the Grampians, and check out other sites such as The Balconies and Reeds Lookout. Leaving the Grampians, pass through the town of Horsham before crossing the famed mighty Murray River and making the last leg of the journey into Adelaide.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- 2 nights accommodation (dormitory)
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup/drop off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Grampians National Park
- Entry/Admission - Twelve Apostles
- Entry/Admission - Brambuk The National Park & Cultural Centre
- Entry/Admission - Kennet River Koala Walk
- Entry/Admission - The Balconies
- Entry/Admission - McKenzies Falls
- Entry/Admission - Loch Ard Gorge
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
In front of St Pauls Cathedral
Select Adelaide accommodation
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Intrepid Australia in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.