Set in the Blue Mountains World Heritage Area, Jenolan is Australia’s most spectacular cave system, the largest cave system in Australia (that is open to the public) and is 340 million years old - ranking it amongst the oldest caves on Earth. With the fewest stair steps, the Imperial is Jenolan’s easiest cave tour, a memorable experience for all ages.
What You'll Get
The Imperial is regarded as Jenolan's least strenuous cave, with only 358 stair steps, and the tour guide takes visitors into this cave at an easy pace.
The Imperial is one of the first caves to be discovered at Jenolan, in 1879. The first large cavern is known as the 'Woolshed', due to the strangely fluffy appearance of the stalactites.
Wide, level passages bring the group to the 'Sinkhole' where the bones of a Tasmanian Devil, long since extinct on the Australian mainland, are on display.
The group passes 'Ridley's Shortcut' and into the 'Shawl Cave' featuring several large and impressive crystal shawl formations.
At the end of the 'Shawl Cave' the passageway narrows and a few steps bring the group to a tall, pure white stalagmite named 'Lots Wife'.
The 'Crystal Cities' is a huge crystal rim pool formation - a beautiful, unforgettable sight.
Finally, the group has the option of descending a winding staircase to view the pure water of the underground river - lots of photo opportunities here!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There are 358 stair steps on this tour. This tour can be enjoyed by people of all ages and of average fitness. Although there is no wheelchair access, and taller visitors must do some bending, it is regarded as the best cave for those with mobility problems.
- Photography is welcomed, but tripods, monopods and selfie sticks are not allowed.
- Front slings are the only baby carrying equipment allowed on this tour.
- Aim to arrive at Jenolan at least 30 minutes before your tour, to find parking and to use the restrooms
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- Full guided tour and commentary for 1 hour.
- Jenolan has a large cafe, where you can purchase light lunch, drinks and snacks. There is also a large restaurant, which is open every evening. A range of accommodation is available.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Jenolan Caves in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.