Set in the Blue Mountains World Heritage Area, Jenolan is Australia's most spectacular cave system, the largest cave system in Australia (that is open to the public) and is 340 million years old - ranking it amongst the oldest caves on Earth. The Orient is Jenolan's most beautiful cave. The visual impact of its richly decorated chambers will astonish.
What You'll Get
Jenolan was a protected reserve long before the Orient Cave was discovered. So, its natural beauty has been completely preserved.
The Orient is regarded as one of Jenolan's less strenuous caves, with only 358 stair steps. So the tour guide can take visitors into this cave at an easy pace.
The tour starts at the 'Binoomea Cut', a man-made shortcut into the Orient Cave. Following this tunnel, the group enters the Orient Cave via a small but beautiful chamber known as 'Bat End'.
From there, the group heads upwards to the dramatic 'Persian Chamber'. Many consider this the most beautiful chamber at Jenolan. The walls and roof are completely draped in long calcite crystal formations - stalagmites, stalactites, columns, shawls and straws - in breathtaking array. The height of the chamber is just over 30m. The tallest stalagmite at Jenolan is in this chamber.
The group descends into 'The Well', from where they can view the 'Persian Chamber' from a deeper perspective.
Then, they move into the 'Egyptian Chamber', home to the second largest shawl at Jenolan. As the tour descends from the Egyptian Chamber, they pass a small, but exquisite chamber known as 'The Jungle'.
Finally, the group comes to 'The Indian Chamber', which is viewed from two levels. From the top level they get an excellent view of one of our most famous formations, 'The Indian Canopy'. At the bottom of the chamber the group views 'The Crystal Basin', a large, beautiful formation which sometimes fills with pure water.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There are 358 stair steps on this tour. This tour can be enjoyed by people of all ages and of average fitness. However, it is not suitable for anyone with health or mobility problems.
- Photography is welcomed, but tripods, monopods and selfie sticks are not allowed.
- Front slings are the only baby carrying equipment allowed on this tour.
- Aim to arrive at Jenolan at least 30 minutes before your tour, to find parking and to use the restrooms
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Full guided tour and commentary for 1.5 hours.
- Jenolan has a large cafe, where you can purchase light lunch, drinks and snacks. There is also a large restaurant, which is open every evening. A range of accommodation is available.
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Jenolan Caves in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.