Set in the Blue Mountains World Heritage Area, Jenolan is Australia's most spectacular cave system, the largest cave system in Australia (that is open to the public) and is 340 million years old - ranking it amongst the oldest caves on Earth. Stand in Jenolan's awe-inspiring Temple of Baal Cave, and marvel at the astonishing formations in this citadel of reflection and peace.
What You'll Get
There are 288 stair steps in this cave. Although is regarded as 'strenuous', it can be done by the average visitor.
The tour guide takes the group up a hillside to the entrance to the 'Binoomea Cut', a man-made shortcut to the Temple of Baal Cave. Following this long, narrow tunnel, the group enters the Temple of Baal Cave.
The guide leads the group down a long winding stair, known as 'The Dragon's Throat'. This takes the group to the floor of the cave, into a large chamber, known as 'Moloch's Grotto'. This chamber boasts a wide variety of decoration including the only display of cave pearls, or oolites, at Jenolan.
Visitors get a good chance to inspect helictites up close. The tour group moves into the main chamber, one of the largest chambers at Jenolan. They inspect this huge chamber from 5 different vantage points, and each stop affords the chance to see something new. Much of the decoration is brilliant orange although the chamber is dominated by the white Angel's Wing, one of the largest cave shawls in the world.
Young children are not allowed in this cave, so visitors can immerse themselves in its strangely contemplative atmosphere.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There are 288 stair steps on this tour. This tour can be enjoyed by people of all ages and of average fitness. However, it is not suitable for anyone with health or mobility problems.
- Photography is welcomed, but tripods, monopods and selfie sticks are not allowed.
- Aim to arrive at Jenolan at least 30 minutes before your tour, to find parking and to use the restrooms.
- Young children are not allowed on this tour. The minimum age is 6.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Full guided tour and commentary for 1.5 hours.
- Jenolan has a large cafe, where you can purchase light lunch, drinks and snacks. There is also a large restaurant, which is open every evening. A range of accommodation is available.
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Jenolan Caves in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.