Set in the Blue Mountains World Heritage Area, Jenolan is Australia's most spectacular cave system, the largest cave system in Australia (that is open to the public) and is 340 million years old - ranking it amongst the oldest caves on Earth. Jenolan's Extended Orient tour shows you the awe-inspiring Temple of Baal Cave, plus sections of the Lucas and River caves.
What You'll Get
There are approximately 1,000 stair steps on this tour, so it is regarded as 'strenuous'. The tour starts from the 'Binoomea Cut', a man-made shortcut into the Temple of Baal Cave.
Following this long, narrow tunnel, the group enters the Temple of Baal Cave. The guide leads the group down a long winding stair, known as 'The Dragon's Throat'. This takes the group to the floor of the cave, into a large chamber, known as 'Moloch's Grotto'. This chamber boasts a wide variety of decoration including the only display of cave pearls, or oolites, at Jenolan. Visitors get a good chance to inspect helictites up close.
The tour group moves into the main chamber, one of the largest chambers at Jenolan. They inspect this huge chamber from 5 different vantage points, and each stop affords the chance to see something new. Much of the decoration is brilliant orange although the chamber is dominated by the white Angel's Wing, one of the largest cave shawls in the world.
Then the group is lead into the labyrinthine River Cave, to see some of its most famous formations, such as the pure 'Pool of Reflections'. After experiencing the best of the River Cave, the group enters the Lucas Cave to explore some of its huge caverns. It is quite a fast paced tour, but well worth it.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There are approximately 1,000 stair steps on this tour. Although this 2 hour tour is regarded as strenuous, it can be enjoyed by people of average fitness. However, it is definitely not suitable for anyone with health or mobility problems, or a fear of heights.
- Photography is welcomed, but tripods, monopods and selfie sticks are not allowed.
- Aim to arrive at Jenolan at least 30 minutes before your tour, to find parking and to use the restrooms.
- Young children are not allowed on this tour. The minimum age is 10.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Full guided tour and commentary for 2 hours.
- Jenolan has a large cafe, where you can purchase light lunch, drinks and snacks. There is also a large restaurant, which is open every evening. A range of accommodation is available.
4655 Jenolan Caves Rd, Jenolan NSW 2790, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Jenolan Caves in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.