We venture into the Jungle less than two kilometres from the Coral Sea on the slopes of a mountain blanketed in old growth rainforest amongst giant trees thousands of years old and plants & animals that predate dinosaurs.
We use a unique mixture of humour & biological information to tell the story of this unique forest where Kangaroo's live in tree's, a bird is bigger than a human and nothing is considered deadly to humans. Every plant and animal has a part in the story of this World Heritage listed ecosystem and we spend over an hour on the 'hunt' along trails only we use identifying the things we see explaining their part in the story of the worlds oldest continuously existing forest. Our guides are independently accredited biological scientists who love to entertain, we are local to the area and have 20 years experience in guiding visiting families from all over the world so language differences are not an impediment to providing everyone an enjoyable experience regardless of age
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Mossman, Mossman, Daintree Region, Queensland
A quaint cane farming town with cafe's, shops the last chance to buy supplies before entering the Daintree Rainforest. Gate way to the beautiful Mossman Gorge and only 15 minutes from the township of Port Douglas.
Pass By: Daintree National Park, Tropical Research Station, Cape Tribulation, Queensland 4873 Australia
After crossing the Daintree River Cable Ferry a forty minute drive along a 'green tunnel' through the oldest continually growing rainforest on the planet awaits.
There are many sights to see along the journey, lookouts, Daintree Discovery Centre, Daintree Tea Farm, Cafe's by the Sea, Palm fringed coral sand beaches and crystal clear rainforest streams.
Stop At: Cape Tribulation, Cape Tribulation, Daintree Region, Queensland
Our guides will greet you & guide you along natural bush trails amongst the highest diversity of tree's & ancient plants on the planet. Using spotlights & thermal imaging to search for native wildlife. This forest is Australia's most diverse land ecosystem but we are not a zoo! The animals move freely around us & some have been here since the beginning of life on land, many are thousands of years old. We have no mozzies, midges, leeches or dangerously venomous spiders or snakes active at night where we walk.
Our eco-accredited guides are entertainers, local to the area & have 20 years experience working & studying in this rainforest, connecting people with nature; explaining it's processes, history & evolution. Our tour content is current & scientifically accurate however, weird & wonderful facts & story telling are more reflective of our 'fair-dinkum' personality. Only 8 persons/walk unless privately arranged with no age limit only the ability to walk on uneven ground.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- This is an open air activity / Equipment is not shared, it is exclusive to each customer during the tour
- Spotlights are provided
141 Camelot Cl, Cape Tribulation QLD 4873, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Jungle Escapes Adventures & Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.