Experience the freedom and exhilaration of a two night adventure, being in charge of your own kayak adventure. Go where you want, with who you want, at your own pace and decide where you want to camp. This remarkable adventure offers a chance to visit secluded locations by kayak and truly experience the natural beauty and wildlife in a relaxed quiet setting. Kayak into the remote wilds of the Cooloola National Park and camp beside the pristine Upper Noosa River and experience the vastness of the Cooloola Sand Patch Walk.
What You'll Get
Day 1 - 8.30 am until 3.00 pm Day 3
Kayaking and Safety Equipment, 30lt ice box, dry bag for clothes and sleeping bag, camping equipment as required,camping permit for the National Park, Detailed map with photo and text, Land mark and kayak Orientation, Professional Tuition and an unforgettable adventure!
Kinaba Information Centre, Noosa Everglades, Camping in the Great Sandy National Park beside the pristine Noosa River and experiencing the regions amazing flora and fauna and walk the Cooloola Sand Patch
Meet at the Elanda Point National Park Canoe Launch - 204 Lake Flat Road. On arrival there is a small amount of paper work and you are given your equipment to pack for the duration of your tour. Then we settle you into your kayak, teaching you all the basic skills for an enjoyable paddle across Lake Cootharaba to Kinaba and beyond.
Day One: Pack, paddle, set up camp then relax, explore and enjoy the serenity.Visit the Kinaba information Centre, Paddle to Harry's Hut an iconic landmark and campground set among the ancient Tea Tree woodland.If camping further up, continue up the Upper Noosa River to a private campsite, enjoying the abundance of bird life and spectacular Native bush land.
Day Two: Paddle, walk and be awed by the Cooloola Sand Patch - a 3 hour return hike to the top of the extensive sand blow and be rewarded by spectacular coastal and hinterland views. The entire walk is on a sandy path with a steady partly shaded gradient to the top but not difficult, then returning to camp for a night under the stars.
Day Three: Be mystified at every bend as you make your return journey to Elanda Point.
Facilities: Toilets only
There are no shops in the National Park.
What to Bring and Wear:
• All your food for 3 days
• Water bottle and Water (2 litres/person/day - 2 x 5 lt water bladders from the supermarket are most suitable)
• Wear shoes that can get wet
• Sun smart clothing (Rashie & board shorts)
• Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
• Insect Repellent
• Clothes – Shorts, T shirts, long pants, warm jumper, thermal underwear, beanie
• Shoes & socks for walking
• Small day pack for the walk
• Wind proof jacket/rain coat
• Sleeping Bag, sheets & small pillow
• Torch & lots of spare batteries
• Change of clothes and shoes to return home & towel
• Camera & plastic bag to put it in
• A sense of adventure & fun
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is recommended
- All your food for 2 days
- Water bottle and Water (2 litres/person/day - 2 x 5lt water bladders available from supermarket is the mot suitable)
- Wear shoes that can get wet
- Sun smart clothing (Rashie & board shorts)
- Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Insect Repellent
- Clothes – Shorts, T shirts, long pants, warm jumper, thermal underwear, beanie
- Shoes & socks for walking
- Small day pack for the walk
- Wind proof jacket/rain coat
- Sleeping Bag, sheets & small pillow
- Torch & lots of spare batteries
- Change of clothes and shoes to return home & towel
- Camera & plastic bag to put it in
- A sense of adventure & fun
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- National Park fees
- Pick up and drop off in the Noosa Area in our 11 seater air conditioned mini bus
- Kayaking and Safety Equipment, 30 lt ice box (Esky)
- dry bag for clothes and sleeping bag
- camping gear as required, camping permit for the National Park
- Map, Land mark and kayak Orientation, Professional Tuition
- and an unforgettable adventure!
- Food and drinks
- Sleeping bags - we do hire them for $10.00 each if needed
Your hotel in the Noosa area or the Elanda Point canoe launching area
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Kanu Kapers Australia in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.