Experience stunning views of Melbourne's skyline on this 2.5-hour kayak paddle along the Yarra River at sunset, led by an experienced, friendly guide. Explore Victoria Harbour and enjoy unique on the water dining (fish n chips), then paddle right into the heart of Melbourne along Southbank just in time for the dramatic fire-ball display at Crown Casino. As the city lights come on soak up the atmosphere of downtown Melbourne before finishing the tour next to Princes Bridge in the center of the city.
What You'll Get
The tour meets just before sunset in Victoria Harbour, part of the modern Docklands precinct in the west end of the city. After a short safety briefing and paddling technique session on dry land set off for an exploration of the sights in Victoria Harbour before tying up to a dock in a beautiful marina. The guests stay seated in the boats and are served fish n chips for a very special “on-the-water” dining experience. (Can provide vegetarian and gluten free options if needed).
After your meal, continue your tour upstream, under the Bolte Bridge and through to Melbourne’s lively downtown. Kayaking past the Crown Casino and alongside stylish Southbank, the tour is times to coincide with the dramatic “fire-ball” display. Continue past Flinders Street Railway Station and beneath historic Princes Bridge before arriving at the approach to Melbourne’s sporting precinct. Enjoy the sights and sounds from your unique vantage point as the sun goes down and the city comes to life.
Your tour ends at the boat landing area at the Rowing Sheds, right in the heart of Melbourne, and directly across the river from Federation Square. What an incredible way to experience Melbourne!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- What to bring: A sun hat, sunscreen, sunglasses. You can wear your normal clothes but you may want to bring a change if you are going out afterwards.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Use of equipment (All paddling accessories, waterproof bags)
- Fish n Chips
- Bottle of water
- Experienced guide
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Community Hub at The Dock, 912 Collins St, Docklands VIC 3008, Australia
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Kayak Melbourne in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.