Explore the beauty of the Southern Great Barrier Reef with GKI Adventures guided kayak tour to the stunning Monkey Beach. Jump aboard Keppel Konnections for a 30 minute ferry journey to the magnificent Great Keppel Island. Experience GKI Adventures local history as you kayak through the bays to reach the coral reef. Upon arrival, grab your included snorkel and fins and explore the azure blue waters of the Keppel bay - spot the Nemo fish and turtles for family bragging rights! Morning tea will refresh your energy after your snorkel for a short walk over to the Aboriginal midden site - listen to stories and anecdotes around the native Woppaburra tribe before your paddle back to Fisherman's beach.
About This Deal
Ferry transfers depart from Keppel Bay Marina, located just outside Yeppoon on the Capricorn Coast. Ferry departs every day at 9am on our summer timetable (1st September-31st March) or 9:30am on our winter timetable (1st April - 31st August) and a mere 30 minute ferry journey will transport you to the picture perfect paradise that is Great Keppel Island.
Upon arrival, head up to the Hideaway reception area where GKI Adventures is based and check in for your tour. Tour times vary throughout the day depending on tide times and availability.
If you're looking to eat on the island, Great Keppel Island Hideaway's bar & bistro serves lunch from 12pm-2pm every day - we always recommend the full works "Hideaway Beef Burger".
The rest of your afternoon is your free time to relax, explore or play, with ample knowledgeable local characters to point you in the direction of a quirky bay, lookout point or a decent deckchair.
Keppel Konnections Ferry departs Great Keppel Island at 4pm every day, with late services being offered Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair (sand)
- Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Keppel Konnections ferry transfers departs from Keppel Bay Marina - located within Rosslyn Bay Harbour. Keppel Konnections ferries leave from the Red Jetty. Locals tip - The Waterline Restaurant does great takeaway coffee to take on board.
Ferry departs Keppel Bay Marina at 9am in the summer timetable (1st Sept - 31st March) and 9:30am in the winter timetable (1st April - 31st August).
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Keppel Konnections in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.