At King River Rafting we are proud to be finalists in the 2017 Tasmanian Tourism Awards as Tasmania's only one day wilderness white water rafting specialists.
The King River Steam, Rail & Raft experience is a unique tour is for those who would love to experience the King River Wilderness without the excitement of the rapids of the King River Gorge. Included is the journey on the West Coast Wilderness Railway from Queenstown to Dubbil Barril. Raft the remaining 15 km of the King River To Lowana. This section features gentle rapids, serene pools and verdant rainforest. We supply all the equipment you need, trained and experienced guides, a wonderful lunch and transport back to Queenstown.
What You'll Get
Steam, River and Raft - a full day of safe fun and adventure on the West Coast
Steam – We meet at the West Coast Wilderness Railway Station in Queenstown before boarding the historic steam train that has been traversing the inhospitable terrain for the past 120 years! Sit in comfort and enjoy the wilderness from the comfort of the restored heritage carriage and hear tales of hardship, the characters and how the terrain was tamed to allow Queenstown to sell its ore to the rest of the world. Start times may vary depending on the day so get in touch with us the day before to confirm. Include a mobile No in your booking information.
River – admire the King River gorge and majestic rainforest from the comfort of your carriage….
Raft – leave the comfort of the train deep in the rainforest at Dubbil Barril and take the plunge into the King River and swap the comfort and luxury for an adventure in a raft as the qualified and experienced guides safely navigate the raft down the smaller rapids of the King River. Enjoy lunch along the banks of this once mighty, untamed river and continue until you reach Macquarie Harbour where you will be picked up and transported back to where it all began , Queenstown.
King River Rafting will supply all your rafting gear including wetsuits, thermals, PFD and helmet. Snacks along the way are included along with a wonderful lunch taken on the banks of the river or in the shelter of a railway station if the weather is inclement. Our bus will carry you back to Queenstown from Lowana. A USB stick of photos of the day will be available for purchase ($20) along with a hat, T shirt or sticker as a souvenir of your days adventure.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum age is 8 years
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- All necessary rafting equipment
- Professional guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Use of helmet
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
West Coast Wilderness Railway Station, Drifield Street, Queenstown, Tasmania
You will be returned to your original pickup location
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the KING RIVER RAFTING in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.