Explore the rarely visited depths of the King River Gorge between Mt Jukes and Mt Huxley on an inflatable kayak. The trip travels up the still reaches of the King River Gorge for about 2 km, portaging small rapids. See huon pine, remote rainforest, a deep gorge and towering waterfalls. Maybe catch a glimpse of a shy trout or platypus in the pristine and pure water. This is approximately a four hour return trip from Queenstown.
What You'll Get
We meet at the West Coast Wilderness Railway Station at 10 am and travel to our put in at the King River Gorge. Carry the kayaks to the river before paddling into the remote depths of this rarely visited and wild place. We paddle up the gorge as far as you wish. possibly to a towering 150 m high waterfall. Take a swim in the refreshing waters if you dare. Return by the same route to Queenstown. Light snacks, kayaks and safety equipment included. Bring bathers or board shorts, a jumper to stay warm and some shoes for use in the water, or you can use our equipment.
For operational reasons our departure times may vary so contact us the day before. Include a mobile No with your booking
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for child aged 8 and under
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- National Park fees
- Local guide
- Use of helmet
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
West Coast Wilderness Railway Station, Driffield St., Queenstown
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the KING RIVER RAFTING in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.