Explore the peaceful village of Fishermans Paradise on a 90 minute guided walk with locals. Hear stories of natural environment, history and the bushfires of 2019-2020. See a diverse range of wildlife and regenerating bush, and enjoy stunning river views.
Dogs on a leach are welcomed on this private tour experience.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fishermans Paradise, Fishermans Paradise, Shoalhaven, New South Wales
Meeting by the boat ramp at Fishermans Paradise, the route for this guided walk includes riverside, bush, village tracks and streets. You'll hear stories of natural environment, flora and fauna (and some surprising local history!) as we wander along the rivers edge, through tranquil casuarina forest and via village streets and tracks with binoculars handy for a closer look at the abundant birdlife. It's likely we'll also see kangaroos and eastern water dragons (and fish jumping in the river). We'll also visit a favourite fishing spot with fabulous views over the river, ideal for photos reflecting the bush in the afternoon light.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Conjola National Park, Blackbutt Road, Lake Conjola, Shoalhaven, New South Wales 2539 Australia
Bushfire update March 2020
We were very lucky (and fought hard) to save all the houses in our village in the bushfires of December 2019/January 2020, and we'll share a few stories of that challenging time with you on this unique guided walk. Much of the lovely riverside walk was untouched by the fires, but sadly most of the casuarina forest was burnt. The tracks have now been cleared and re-opened though, and it's wonderful to see signs of regeneration and lots of birdlife around.
Nearby Conjola National Park which is viewed from our tour route was also badly affected by the fires.
Pass By: Lake Conjola, Lake Conjola, Shoalhaven, New South Wales
You'll see Lake Conjola (including where Conjola Creek meets the lake) from the riverside walking route.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Kotahi Tourism is a registered Covid Safe business. Covid safety includes: 1. Proof of double vaccination is required 2. Check in using NSW Covid-Safe App 3. Bring a face mask and wear if requested by Guide. 4. All tours are private i.e. for you/your group or family only.
- Tour commentary
- Binoculars provided for individual use (if you don't have your own).
- Private tour for you/your group or family only.
94 Anglers Parade, Fishermans Paradise NSW 2539, Australia
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Kotahi Tourism in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.