River and land cruise for approximately 5 hours along the Leven River in Central North Coast Tasmanian. Sit back and relax whilst the captain takes you through the history development of the region whilst enjoying the beautiful scenic view of the river sanctuary and its natural features. Cruise 8 km up stream to an exclusive historic site of ancient forest of mosses, lichen, ferns and very old eucalyptus trees. Enjoy a three course cooked meal under shelter on the banks of the river. Return your cruise along the river learning more of the stories and history whist spotting the sea eagles, endemic Tasmanian Azure Kingfisher and the platypus? This beautiful scenic river cruise takes you back in time, whilst it blends the natural environment and it's amazing features of wildlife, birds and nature into the cruise with a cultural twist of the region.
What You'll Get
• tidal dependent get departure times when booking
• come aboard flat bottom vessel, 'Jusleven'
• cruise along the Leven River of Central North Coast of Tasmania
• enjoy he river scenic views
• spot the sea eagles,endemic Tasmanian Azure Kingfisher and allusive platypus
• visit historic Leven Park exclusive to the Leven River Cruises and only accessible via the cruise
• stroll through the ancient forest of mosses, lichen, liverworts, ferns, tree ferns and forest eucalyptus trees
• enjoy a three course meal and refreshments on the bank of the river
• return relaxed enjoying the natural nature of the sanctuary with a cultural twist of local stories.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Please arrive 10 mins prior to departure for inductions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Dietary requirements and allergies need to be listed when booking
- A maximum of 16 people per booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with major walking disabilities or using a wheelchair, walkers are accepted
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- wear closed shoes
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Bottled water included
- Dinner - 3-course dinner
- Beverages included
- There are no additional costs
Boat slip at the Sports complex car park West Ulverstone
Cruises depart in the morning, the exact departure time will be advised after confirmation
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Leven River Cruises in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.