This big day out to the south of Sydney winds through Australia’s oldest national park, takes in spectacular coastal scenery along the Grand Pacific Drive, traverses the Sea Cliff Bridge, then climbs the sandstone escarpment to return via the forests and farmland of the picturesque Southern Highlands.
Enjoy up close and personal experiences with iconic Australian wildlife, expansive vistas of coastal scenery, eucalyptus-clad valleys and waterfalls plunging over sandstone cliffs, scenic drives through national parks and along bays, beaches and country backroads, beachside dining and cool-climate wine tasting.
Tour includes a private koala experience with a keeper, lunch at a popular seaside cafe, wine-tasting at a boutique winery, National Parks and wildlife park entry fees, friendly and knowledgable guide, transport in a comfortable air-conditioned minibus. Maximum 11 guests.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Local Travel Planner, 30 Pitt St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000 Australia
The experience begins when a friendly guide greets you at the meeting point. You'll be part of a small group of no more than 11 travellers aboard a comfortable minibus that takes you south out of the city along the beaches of Botany Bay and through the Royal National Park. First stop is Bald Hill Lookout, a popular launch site for hang gliders and para gliders, which affords sweeping views of the Illawarra coastline and the famous Sea Cliff Bridge.
After the break it's just a few minutes drive to the family-run Symbio Wildlife Park which is active in koala conservation. Here you'll find out everything you ever wanted to know about these fascinating marsupials during a private koala experience with a keeper. Snap the ultimate selfie - just you and a koala. You’ll also be able to hand-feed kangaroos and wallabies and get up close to other native Australian wildlife.
Next you'll meander along the Grand Pacific Drive traversing the Sea Cliff Bridge as it sweeps out over the ocean, well clear of the crumbling cliffs to which the old highway clung. You’ll continue to follow the scenic coastline to a golden beach where you’ll enjoy lunch in a café popular with locals with views out over the ocean. Bring your swimmers for a dip if the sun is out!
In the afternoon you’ll head up through temperate rainforest into the Southern Highlands. An easy hike leads to viewpoints that take in the spectacular sandstone gorges and towering waterfalls of the Morton National Park.
Finally, you’ll drive along country roads to a boutique winery to sample locally-produced, cool climate wine before returning to Sydney. Arrival back at Circular Quay is around 6:30pm.
Duration: 11 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Guests under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years. Photo ID may be requested as proof of age
- You should be able to walk 1 km (half a mile) at a time and be able to walk up and down 50 steps
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Local Travel Planner is registered with NSW Government as a COVID Safe business. To comply with current NSW Government requirements (as at 1 Apr 2022) you may be asked to show proof of full vaccination at each venue we visit. If you have any symptoms, please stay home.
- Small-group tour (max. 11 guests)
- Friendly, knowledgable guide
- Private koala experience with a keeper
- Lunch with a glass of Australian wine, beer, juice or soda
- Wine tasting at a boutique winery
- Air-conditioned vehicle
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Local Travel Planner in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.