Escape from the city for a leisurely day of tasting estate grown wines and fine dining in the bucolic countryside of the Southern Highlands.
What You'll Get
This leisurely day of wining and dining in the country begins with a scenic drive from Sydney Harbour to the Southern Highlands.
On arrival at Cuttaway Hill Wines, owner and winemaker Mark Bourne will demonstrate the traditional méthode champenoise used to make champagne. You'll have a glass in hand ready to sample the final product before sitting down to a tasting of Mark's estate grown wines including some available exclusively at the cellar door. The wine is complemented by a vignerons platter that includes a selection of local produce.
Continuing the focus on local produce you'll experience fine dining Southern Highlands style at Eschalot. Owner and head chef Matty Roberts will lead you through the garden surrounding the restaurant where he will pick the freshest of fresh ingredients to prepare the meal you are about to savour with matching local wines.
To round out the day it's back to school with a Pinot masterclass showcasing the premier grape variety of this cool-climate region. You'll learn about the various Pinot mutations used to make sparkling, white, rosé and red wines. WARNING The class requires tasting flights of estate grown wines accompanied by matching morsels!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Lunch - Two course fine dining lunch at a chef-hatted restaurant.
- Snacks - Vignerons grazing platter including a selection of local produce during the wine tasting and a variety of food samples to match the wine flights during the Pinot masterclass.
- Alcoholic Beverages - Wine tasting, matching wines with each course at lunch, wine flights during Pinot masterclass.
- Sparkling winemaking demonstration
- Pinot masterclass
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
30 Pitt St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Local Travel Planner in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.