An unmissable Australian adventure that belongs at the top of every visitor’s list. The two-day option is even better.
The breath-taking Twelve Apostles are a must on any Australian adventure. A day spent journeying down the Great Ocean Road is the perfect chance to get back to nature. See wild kangaroos and koalas, feed rainbow lorikeets and king parrots and stroll through charming coastal towns, national parks and native forests. This is a big, brilliant day out the whole family will love.
Lets be honest, you're probably only ever going to do this once and it's best not to leave it to chance. We don't cut corners on quality and our hosts are all exceptional company so you are guranteed a truly first-class, authentic experience.
What You'll Get
Suggested but highly flexible itinerary:
Be met at your hotel by your expert Localing host for an 8 am start. The drive out from Melbourne is a great chance to share some of your tastes and interests so these can be made a feature of your uniquely tailored experience.
Sit back and get to know your host in a luxury touring vehicle equipped with wi-fi, water and a selection of Victorian treats.
Stop by an Aboriginal centre for a gourmet morning tea with an Aussie flavour. Hear didgeridoo, learn to throw a boomerang and check out indigenous art from around the country.
Admire world class surfers in Torquay, the home of Rip Curl and the Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach.
Be consumed by the scents and sounds of native eucalyptus forests. Learn about the 700 different varieties of gumtree, about wallabies, carnivorous snails and early explorers.
Enjoy a cafe style lunch in the backstreets of Apollo Bay, away from the tourist droves, or try something more elegant at a seaside seafood restaurant (we don't include lunch so you are free to choose based on your tastes and pay at the cost price).
Feed wild parrots, spot koalas high in the treetops and search out a mob of local kangaroos.
Take a guided walk at the Apostles and hear the stories which have granted the ‘Shipwreck Coast’ its perilous title.
Break up the journey home with a stop for afternoon tea and some delicious Aussie treats (or skip the whole thing entirely and return on a spectacular scenic charter flight).
Your host will have you back in Melbourne around 7 pm (start and finish times can be varied to suit your needs).
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children under 5 are free
- Airport pick-up/drop-off available for an extra $150AUD
- This is not a group tour done in private - it is a private and fully customisable experience. Itineraries vary regularly and most interests, preferences and limitations can be accommodated.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Expert Localing guide
- Premium private touring vehicle with in-car wi-fi
- Locally bottled spring water and Victorian treats
- Scenic drive through rolling hills and local bushland
- Gourmet morning tea
- Tutored wine tastings and cellar door experiences
- Fascinating stories and unique insights
- Maker-led cheese or gin tastings
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Airport pick-up (Available from +$150 AUD total)
- Luxury upgrades like gourmet dining, helicopter transfers or an overnight / multi-day experience (by arrangement)
- Foreign language guides (+$250 AUD total)
11 to 12 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Localing Private Tours Melbourne in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.