A charming countryside adventure for lovers of fine wine and fine food, rolling hills, nature and wildlife.
Nestled among many of Victoria’s best loved mountain ranges is the quiet, sprawling Yarra Valley region. It’s number one for wine touring and can boast of one of Australia’s best wildlife sanctuaries. Add this to a host of talented local farmers, winemakers, distillers, brewers and restauranteurs and you have one exceptional region for touring and a day out with something for everyone.
About This Deal
Suggested but highly flexible itinerary:
Be met at your hotel by your expert Localing guide for a 10 am start. The short drive to the Yarra Valley is a great chance to share some of your tastes and interests so these can be made a feature of your uniquely tailored experience.
Sit back and get to know your host in a luxury touring vehicle equipped with wi-fi, water and a selection of Victorian treats. Take the backroads for a scenic journey through quiet leafy suburbs and rolling hills.
You might like to go behind the scenes at Victoria’s premier Wildlife Park, Healesville Sanctuary. Choose the option to have a ranger personally take you to meet, feed and pet our favourite cuddly creatures, or enjoy the park at your own pace.
Head behind a few cellar doors to chat with wine-makers and sample some of the region’s best local wines including plenty of wonderful pinots and chardonnays.
The region is renowned for farm-to-plate experiences at restaurants and cellar doors. Enjoy a casual lunch or something more elegant among rolling hills and sprawling vineyards (we don't include lunch so you are free to choose based on your tastes and pay at the cost price).
Finish the day with a visit to a state-of-the-art gin distillery, producing some of the world’s best gins using quintessentially Australian botanicals.
The local dairy produces some stunning cow and sheep cheese, which makes a lovely alternative for non-gin drinkers or choose to spend the time enjoying a leisurely walk around a stunning local reservoir.
Your Localing host will have you back in Melbourne by 6 pm (start and finish times can be varied to suit your needs).
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children under 5 are free
- Airport pick-up/drop-off available for an extra $150AUD
- This is not a group tour done in private - it is a private and fully customisable experience. Itineraries vary regularly and most interests, preferences and limitations can be accommodated.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Expert Localing guide
- Premium private touring vehicle with in-car wi-fi
- Locally bottled spring water and Victorian treats
- Scenic drive through rolling hills and local bushland
- Gourmet morning tea
- Tutored wine tastings and cellar door experiences
- Fascinating stories and unique insights
- Maker-led cheese or gin tastings
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Airport pick-up (Available from +$150 AUD total)
- Luxury upgrades like gourmet dining, balloon flights, helicopter transfers or unique masterclasses (by arrangement)
- Foreign language guides (+$250 AUD total)
Melbourne CBD hotels and accommodation. Please advise at the time of confirmation.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Localing Private Tours Melbourne in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.