A perfect, personalised introduction to Melbourne with plenty of highlights and hidden treasures in Melbourne’s urban heart and vibrant community neighbourhoods.
Australia’s undisputed capital of culture and ‘cool’ is a stunning blend of 19th century grandeur, innovation, colour and creativity. Art, sport, architecture, design, food, music… if you love cities and maybe even if you don’t, you will love Melbourne. From bohemian Fitzroy to lovely seaside St. Kilda - from Little Italy to Little Saigon, travel between worlds and get acquainted with the many faces of Melbourne.
What You'll Get
Suggested but highly flexible itinerary:
Be picked up from your hotel (or met at the airport and hit the ground running +$150 AUD)
Take to the backstreets for a coffee fix (our treat, put your wallet away) somewhere wonderfully local and get to know your personable Localing host. Share a few tastes and interests to help make the experience personal.
Stretch your legs in Melbourne’s quirky lanes and Victorian arcades. Leaf through old books and maps, jazz records or vintage clothing. Cruise the grand boulevards, get a lay of the land, hear a few stories and meet some of our interesting and creative local mates.
Sample local treats and native flavours. Hear the tales of a strange, off-beat city of radicals, prospectors and adventurers who all wound up together in this far-flung corner of the world.
Head to Little Italy for freshly whipped gelato or precision perfect pastry. Chat with the artisans and makers in kitchens, galleries and studios of Melbourne’s most colourful local boroughs.
Head to Melbourne’s former working-class heart, where punks and gangsters once reigned. Visit micro-factories, studios and warehouses powering Melbourne’s creative economy.
Learn about green coffee bean selection or how to temper chocolate, visit street art galleries and local milliners, admire the craftsmanship, knowledge and passion that have become the calling cards of ‘Made in Melbourne.’
Enjoy a quick lunch at a neighbourhood cafe or slow down over first-rate fine dining. Get to know your host better, discuss local culture and how best to spend your time in Melbourne (Usually, we only have time for this on the full-day option).
In the afternoon, the experience is tailored specifically to you – explore the culture or sporting precincts, leafy bay-side suburbs like St. Kilda, riverfront gardens, galleries or local markets and shopping precincts.
This is a private tour so you set the pace and help dictate the focus. No two tours are exactly alike, which is why we call them 'tours for people who don't like tours'.
The experience concludes at 2 pm (half-day) or between 4 and 5 pm (full-day) at your hotel or an inner-city location of your choosing.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children under 5 are free
- Airport pick-up/drop-off available for an extra $150AUD
- This is not a group tour done in private - it is a private and fully customisable experience. Itineraries vary regularly and most interests, preferences and limitations can be accommodated.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- 4-hour private city tour (half day) / 6-7 hour (full-day)
- An expert Localing host
- Transport by luxury private vehicle
- In-car wi-fi and charging cables
- Bottled water and a selection of local treats
- Gourmet morning or afternoon tea
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Taxes, fees and standard incidentals
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Luxury upgrades like gourmet dining, private river cruising or a scenic helicopter flight (by arrangement)
- Foreign language guides (by arrangement)
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. Full Day Tour 4/1/2020 - 3/31/2021
|Monday - Sunday:||10:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Monday - Sunday:||09:00 AM - 01:00 PM02:00 PM - 06:00 PM|
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Localing Private Tours Melbourne in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.