Join our team to visit the most remarkable places in Tasmania, if not the World! Our expert team of marine scientists have been the only cruise to Ile Des Phoques and Maria Island for 16 years.
Your cruise to the Ile Des Phoques (Island Of Seals) will capture the stunning views of Maria Island, including famous landmarks such as the Painted Cliffs and Fossil Cliffs, spring-fed waterfalls, limestone sea caves, cliff-top stalactites, Bishop & Clerk mountain range and the stunning granite cliffs of Maria Island's east coast.
Award winning and only cruise and day tour of Ile Des Phoques and Maria Island National Park since 2006 to view seals, dolphins, wombats, kangaroos, eagles, wallabies, albatross and whales (during migration), famous geology and UNESCO convict history. Your tour will depart from Triabunna (approximately 1-hour and 15-minutes from Hobart). Includes a 4-hour scenic cruise of Maria Island with a 2-hour stay on the island.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Ile Des Phoques, Australia
On the way to Ile Des Phoques you can see albatross, dolphins, Australian fur seals and whales (depending on the time of year) as well as majestic panoramic views of Maria Island and the Freycinet Peninsula.
Once at Ile Des Phoques we will sit with the fur seals and learn about their home at Ile Des Phoques, their recovery from near extinction from commercial sealing and how they are now breeding at Ile Des Phoques again for the first time in over 200 years.
We will enjoy morning tea, coffee and cakes with the seals and then explore the remarkable giant Rainbow Caves. These caves are the largest granite sea caves in Australia, possibly the World. Feel the emotion and beauty of nature as we venture deep inside the caves onboard the cruise boat.
Pass By: Maria Island, Maria Island, Tasmania
After your time spent at Ile Des Phoques, we travel to Maria Island for a beautiful lunch beside a stunning whit sandy beach and the afternoon spent on Maria Island for a guided walk exploring the history of the Darlington convict settlement and time spent with the resident wombats and kangaroos.
*Note, if poor weather prevents the cruising to the Ile Des Phoques, the cruise will be changed to circumnavigate Maria Island.
Your big buffet lunch provided on board each cruise includes Tasmanian smoked salmon, ham, chicken, roast beef, home made potato salad, freshly prepared salad, Tasmanian soft and hard cheeses, avocado dips, crackers, wraps and rolls. You will also provided a complimentary drink or tea, coffee, juice and water. Local wines (Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc) and Tasmanian premium larger are also available for purchase during lunch.
Stop At: Darlington, TAS 7190, Australia
In the afternoon, both tours will dock at Darlington. The perfect way to compliment your cruise is to stretch your legs and enjoy a guided tour through Darlington’s fascinating collection of preserved convict buildings, learn about the town’s remarkable history and come face to face with Maria Island’s resident wombats. If history is not for you, then simply soak up the sun on Darlington’s white sandy beach or swim/snorkel in the waters of Maria Island’s marine reserve.
Hotel pickup is available for guests staying in Hobart! Why not travel in style with our own comfortable bus instead of hiring a car. Our shuttle bus will take you from Hobart to Triabunna along the picturesque Tasman Highway and if time permits, we will stop into the historic town of Richmond to capture some wonderful souvenir photos. Travel time is 1hr 15min on the bus. Cost for the bus is $30pp return.
Cruise departs Triabunna at 9:00am and returns at 4:30pm
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please book your Hobart shuttle bus separately by choosing the tour + bus option if you do require the pickup
- Designed and guided by professional scientists
- East Coast Cruises reserves the right to cancel departures at anytime and will refund the full amount of any monies paid by the customer.
- Perfect for children
- Seasickness tablets and wristbands provided to all guests if required
- The vessel is safe and comfortable and provides protection from the elements
- The vessel has a comfortable on board toilet, which doubles as a change room for those wanting to swim
- Small and personalised tour groups. Maximum 24 people for room to move about the boat!
- Tours are perfect for children and families!
- Tours are subject to weather and minimum numbers
- Waterproof jackets and pants available onboard the boat
- Our 5-star tour is catered with drinks and optional food/lunch onboard
- *Note, if poor weather prevents the cruising to the Ile Des Phoques, the cruise will be changed to circumnavigate Maria Island.
- Most travelers can participate
- Local wines (Darlington Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc) and Tasmanian premium lager are also provided during lunch. A single serve is complimentary with your tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Hotel shuttle bus pickups are available for guests staying in Hobart
- 2-hour stay on Maria Island
- 4-hour scenic cruise
- Orange juice
- Dolphin watching
- Guided walk of Darlington convict settlement
- Whale watching
- Kangaroo viewing
- Chilled water
- Live commentary on board
- Soft drinks
- Professional guide
- Seal viewing (morning tea & coffee with Australian fur seals!)
- Soda water
- Wombat viewing
- Alcoholic Beverages - Complimentary single serve during lunch
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Landing and facility fees
- Lunch - Choose from a selection of healthy salad bows. Please indicate if you would like either a Chicken aioli salad, smoked salmon salad, roast beef salad, leg ham salad, vegetarian salad or vegan salad.
- Cakes, water, tea, coffee, orange juice, soda water and soft drinks are provided complimentary.
- Hotel shuttle bus (additional $30 per person return).
- Additional alcoholic drinks are $6 per serve.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Maria Island Cruises in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.