Come enjoy a morning sea kayak adventure on Sydney's beautiful harbour. No engine noise or fumes, just the sound of your paddle in the water and the sea birds squawking above! We'll experience the built environs and get up close and personal with many of the harbour's natural wonders and marine inhabitants. We'll paddle to the center of the harbour where we'll get some photos of you framed by the Harbour Bridge (I'm a professional photographer in my other job so expect good pics - no charge of course!) We'll then land and explore Goat Island (Memel in the local Aboriginal Language) before paddling back via Darling Harbour. Goat Island is closed to the public and landing is by special permit only. Your permit is included as part of the tour. After we're finished your welcome to have a hot shower before treating yourself to a great lunch at the famous Sydney Fish Markets a short walk away.
What You'll Get
We meet at 9.30AM at our Boatshed located right on the harbour at Blackwattle Bay, close to the city and not far from the Sydney Fish Markets. After getting fitted out in our sleek high end sea kayaks we'll have a quick briefing before getting in our kayaks and paddling out under the Anzac Bridge. We'll paddle past some world class urban renewal at Pyrmont before going past Darling Harbour and crossing over to The Balmain. We'll then paddle out front of the Harbour Bridge where your guide will get some professional grade photos of you and your kayak. We'll land in a secre cove on the seldom visited Goat Island and explore this special place on foot. The island is a designated conservation zone and landing is by special permit only. Your permit is arranged for you and included in your tour. We'll explore the island on foot taking in some spectacular views and learning about some of Sydneys early history. If we're lucky we mught see the resident white bellied sea eagle or maybe even the local fur seal who can often be seen sunning himself on the northern point.
We'll then hop back into our kayaks and circumnavigate the island before heading back the way we came. We're normally back around 1PM. We have use of seperate male & female change rooms and showers that you are welcome ti use if you want to.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Guests must be able to swim and be comfortable around water
- Guest should not weigh more than 100KG (205 pounds)
- Resonable fitness is required
- Must not have any serious medical issues
- A waiver needs to be signed
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Expert Kayak Guide (your guide is a born & bred Sydney local who is fully qualified sea kayaking expert)
- Top notch composite sea kayak - we have singles and doubles and can help you choose the best option on the day
- Carbon fibre paddle
- PFD (Life jacket)
- Paddling Gloves, Water Shoes and a hat if you don't have your own
- Sun Screen
- We'll send you a link to your photos later - professional quality!
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Blackwattle Bay, New South Wales, Australia
3 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Matt Bezzina in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.