Join us on a 2-hour tour for all ages as we travel into the National Park for a night spotting adventure searching for the locals including wallabies, wombats, possums and maybe even a devil.
• Chance to see pademelons, wombats, possums, potoroos, quolls and wallabies
• Dusk and sunset walks
• Waldheim Chalet and Weindorfers forest walk
• Mount Kate hut and surrounding board walks
What You'll Get
ABOUT THE TOUR
Our professional guide will collect you from your hotel at dusk in our 4wd mini bus, times will be confirmed at booking but generally begin 1 hour before sunset.
Once all the group has been collected we will head into the National Park to Ronny creek to begin our exploration of the area, weather permitting we will leave the bus with our hand held torches and spot lights and quietly and slowly walk into Mount Kate hut area hoping to view some animals that have popped out early for their night time feed.
We hit the local area boardwalks of the cradle valley walk and perhaps even the overland track where there is a good chance to view some wombats amongst other animals.
We leave the excitement of the animal viewing at Ronny Creek and we head up to Waldheim chalet. Here we head off on a short walk of Weindorfers forest, 20 mins, as we search for the animals starting to pop their heads out looking for food.
From Waldheim Chalet we will spotlight from the mini bus along the road and into the forest hoping to spot any elusive animals. Don’t forget to look up in the trees too!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Tour does not operate on Christmas Day.
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Wet weather jackets are required, wet weather pants are optional
- Warm clothing, beanie, gloves, fleece jacket
- Don’t forget your camera!
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Professional guide/s with full commentary
- Complimentary hotel pick up and drop off
- Food and drinks
- National Park pass
McDermotts Cradle Mountain Tours, Shop 3/3845 Cradle Mountain Rd, Cradle Mountain TAS 7306, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Departs- every day except Christmas day
5:30pm 1 April till 30 Sept
8:30pm 1 October till 31 March
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.