A face-to-fin experience like no other! Our Shark Dive Xtreme is a rare diving experience where you are guaranteed an underwater encounter with sharks. Dive in to meet our resident Grey Nurse Shark, Blacktip Reef Sharks, Sandbar Whalers, Bowmouth Guitarfish, Largetooth Sawfish, MASSIVE rays, Groupers, multiple species of Cod and more
About This Deal
Visit: SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium, corner of Flinders Street and King Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
Visit: Shark Dive Xtreme Melbourne Aquarium, Flinders Street and King Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
Arrive at SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium in the early afternoon to check in and learn the time slot for your dive. You’ll then receive a one-hour briefing, which is mandatory for all divers. During the briefing, you’ll meet your guide, go over safety and dive procedures, and learn about the sharks and other animals in the aquarium. Your group is limited to four divers, ensuring personal attention from your guide the entire time. All training will be provided at the SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium on the day of your dive, with no previous experience necessary.
Depending on your schedule, you're welcome to explore the aquarium before or after the mandatory briefing. Visit the Conservation Cove to learn about local marine life; head to Seahorse Pier for the largest exhibit of seahorses and seadragons in the world; and spy on a Pinjarra — one of Australia’s largest saltwater crocodiles — at the Croc Lair.
Once it's time to dive, you’ll meet your guide, get your equipment on, and get into the water! Colorful fish dart past you in the 2 million-liter Oceanarium as you swim near the tank's bigger residents including nurse sharks, sevengill sharks, giant stingrays, and sea turtles. Your guide will make sure that you stay safe throughout your half-hour experience.
Basic SCUBA training is provided so that you can delve into the underwater habitat, with no experience necessary. All training will be provided at the SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium on the day of your dive.
While you are diving, your friends and family can watch and take pictures of you in the tank — an incredible souvenir of your time with the sharks!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age 14 years - for any diver under the age of 18, parental consent and attendance at the briefing on the day of the dive is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- A conversational level of English is required. For health and safety reason we are unable to allow non- English speakers to dive
- Able to lift and walk with approximately 35kg
- Scuba Diving is physically demanding and can be dangerous if you suffer from certain medical conditions
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ AND COMPLETE THE MEDICAL DECLARATION FORM BEFORE YOUR DIVE: https://www.melbourneaquarium.com.au/media/2001/medical-declaration-form.pdf?_ga=2.42836897.526290692.1521541330-472889426.1517663415
- Diver must NOT suffer from any contraindications to diving.
- Pregnant women are not permitted to dive
- Failure to pass the medical declaration on the day will also incur a reschedule fee.
- Heart Disease
- Chest Conditions including Pneumothorax
- Sinus Conditions
- Ear problems/surgery
- High blood pressure
- If you suffer from any other medical conditions, including recent injuries, surgeries or psychological conditions then you will be required to obtain a fully completed medical clearance from A QUALIFIED DIVE DOCTOR prior to booking in for the dive.
- Participants MUST NOT fly in an aircraft within 12 hours after their Shark Dive.
- Must not have drugs or alcohol in your system
- Personal underwater cameras are not permitted on this experience.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Admission to SEA LIFE Melbourne
- Shark Dive Xtreme
- Entry/Admission - SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium
- Entry/Admission - Shark Dive Xtreme Melbourne Aquarium
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
1 hour 30 minutes
A paper voucher is required for this attraction/activity. You must print and bring your printed voucher with you on the day of the activity, as required by our local provider.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Melbourne Aquarium in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.