As one of Australia’s leading wine making regions, just a short drive (approximately one hour) from Melbourne, the Yarra Valley is an ideal destination for a day trip.
With a picturesque backdrop of the Yarra Ranges as well as renowned restaurants throughout the area, wine and food lovers alike will revel in everything the Yarra Valley has to offer.
About This Deal
Delight in an exclusive behind the scenes barrel room tasting with carefully matched Yarra Valley produce at the renowned Dominique Portet vineyard. The Portet family has been making wine for 10 generations. Now, affable Frenchman Dominique Portet - a household name in Victorian wine circles - and son Ben, are continuing the tradition at this charming winery in the heart of the Yarra Valley.
Enjoy lunch at one of the regions picturesque vineyard restaurants, either TarraWarra Estate or Oakridge Estate followed by more time exploring the region meeting local characters and sampling wine from boutique wineries such as Yarra Yering, Coldstream Hills and Yering Farm. Avoiding the crowds of the larger wineries – the tour will be tailored to suit your tastes.
While in the area, you may also choose to visit the Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary. Regarded as one of Australia’s leading wildlife reserves, the Healesville Sanctuary has over 200 species of Australian birds and animals in pristine ‘Aussie’ bush land.
• Wine tasting at a host of local boutique wineries
• Exclusive ‘behind the scenes’ barrel room tasting with one of the region’s most recognised wine makers with matched Yarra Valley produce plate
• A visit to the Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary – one of Australia’s most highly regarded wildlife sanctuaries (optional)
• The finest Yarra Valley produce with lunch at a vineyard restaurant
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Bottled water
- Wine tasting
- Behind the scenes barrel room wine tasting and Yarra Valley produce platter at Dominique Portet winery
- 2-course lunch (with a beverage of beer, wine or soft-drink)
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Food and drinks, unless specified
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Melbourne Private Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.