A sightseeing trip like no other! This unique 3-hour bus tour across Melbourne, visits some of the original venues that have rocked this town for the last 60 years.
You will visit Australia’s very own version of “Abbey Road” studios,
The House of Stoush, and the site of AC/DC’s most memorable performance.
All this & a whole lot more!
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Festival Hall, 300 Dudley St, West Melbourne VIC 3003, Australia
We stop outside this landmark, famous for the Beatles Tour in 1964, among many other notable performances. We also view archival video footage from the venue in its heyday.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: ACDC Lane, Flinders Lane, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
We hop off the bus here to view some iconic artwork of Malcolm Young and Bon Scott and discuss interesting facts about the band, including an AV of the famous clip of the band playing along Swanston Street on a flat bed truck.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Amphlett Lane off Little Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
We visit the laneway named after beloved Divinyls lead singer, Chrissie Amphlett and talk about her contribution to Aussie Rock.
Stop At: Australian Music Vault, 100 St Kilda Rd Arts Centre Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria 3006 Australia
Be astounded by many treasures within the Australian Music Vault, an exhibition of Australian music memorabilia including costumes, guitars and audio visual material.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Arts Centre Melbourne, 100 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne, Victoria 3004 Australia
Our last stop to refresh, reflect and take part in some fun music trivia games with our host. Special Rock Explorer price on offer for selected coffee and cakes!
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Some walking involved so reasonable mobility required. Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- Not recommended for low mobility patrons due to some walking on tour.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Use of a ukulele
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Music chord charts, lyrics and trivia quiz sheets
- Viewing audio-visual filmclips
14 Lower Esplanade, St Kilda VIC 3182, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Melbourne Rock Music Explorer in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.