Wine, art and food. The perfect day out at Mona and Moorilla.
Mona is Australia’s largest privately-owned gallery and museum, exhibiting everything from ancient Egyptian mummies and modernist masterpieces to a word waterfall.
The Mona site—set on the River Derwent—is also home to the Moorilla winery and vineyard, bars, a restaurant and more.
Start your day trip by sailing from Hobart to Mona on their high-speed ferry, complete with onboard bars. Ferry departs at 9.30am (11am on request).
Your self-guided exploration of the galleries begins with an introduction to Mona’s “O” device by a gallery attendant.
At 2pm, enjoy a one-course lunch of seasonal local produce, matched with a glass of wine from Moorilla.
After lunch you’ll begin your behind-the-scenes tour of Moorilla winery at 3.30pm. Taste up to ten different wines.
Includes 5pm return ferry transfer.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museum of Old and New Art (Mona), 655 Main Rd Moorilla Estate, Berriedale, Glenorchy, Tasmania 7011 Australia
Mona, the Museum of Old and New Art, is Australia's largest privately-owned gallery and museum. Showcasing the diverse collection of its owner, Tasmanian gambler and maths nerd David Walsh, Mona exhibits everything from ancient Egyptian funerary objects and modernist masterpieces to a word waterfall and a machine that mimics the human digestive system.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Moorilla Estate Winery, 655 Main Rd, Berriedale, Glenorchy, Tasmania 7011 Australia
Cool climate wines at Tasmania’s second-oldest vineyard and state-of-the-art winery.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- The site is accessible. Please consult with staff to seek alternatives to stair access.
- A moderate amount of walking is required.
- Most travelers can participate
- You will be visiting an operational winery. Practical, closed toe footwear is recommended.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Main course with matched wine
- Tutored wine tasting
- Museum Entry
- Return ferry travel
- Guided winery tour
- Entry/Admission - Museum of Old and New Art (Mona)
- Entry/Admission - Moorilla Estate Winery
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
6 to 8 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Moorilla Estate in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.