Mona, the Museum of Old and New Art, is Australia’s largest privately-owned gallery and museum. The Mona site—perched on the banks of the River Derwent, not far from Hobart—is also home to the Moorilla winery and vineyard, as well as luxury accommodation, bars, restaurants and more.
Kick-off your Moorilla Experience by sailing from Hobart to Mona on their super-flash, high-speed ferry, complete with onboard bars and sheep to sit on. The ferry departs Hobart at 9.15am (10.15am departure also available if preferred). Here you start your self-guided exploration of the subterranean galleries, be sure to check mona.net.au for information about current exhibitions.
After your art binge, head to your lunch destination for a one-course lunch matched with a glass of wine from Moorilla’s Muse or Praxis Series. Fed and watered, you’ll then begin your tour of the vineyard. You’ll be treated to a tasting of Moorilla wines.
Includes 5pm return ferry transfer from Mona to Hobart.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museum of Old and New Art (Mona), 655 Main Rd Moorilla Estate, Berriedale, Glenorchy, Tasmania 7011 Australia
Mona, the Museum of Old and New Art, is Australia's largest privately-owned gallery and museum. Showcasing the diverse collection of its owner, Tasmanian gambler and maths nerd David Walsh, Mona exhibits everything from ancient Egyptian funerary objects and modernist masterpieces to a word waterfall and a machine that mimics the human digestive system.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Moorilla Estate Winery, 655 Main Rd, Berriedale, Glenorchy, Tasmania 7011 Australia
Cool climate wines at Tasmania’s second-oldest vineyard and state-of-the-art winery.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- The site is accessible. Please consult with staff to seek alternatives to stair access.
- A moderate amount of walking is required.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Main course with matched wine
- Tutored wine tasting
- Museum Entry
- Return ferry travel
- Guided vineyard tour
- Entry/Admission - Museum of Old and New Art (Mona)
- Entry/Admission - Moorilla Estate Winery
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- A minimum of 2 travellers is required
12 Franklin Whrf, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
6 to 8 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Moorilla Estate in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.