The Tasman Peninsula is home to some of the highest sea cliffs in the world, rugged coast line and the infamous Port Arthur Historic Site. A 15-minute scenic helicopter flight of the region will take in the sites of Cape Hauy, Fortescue Bay and sections of the newly completed Three Capes Track. This flight will tick off the major sights in value packed time.
About This Deal
Arriving at the Port Arthur Heli Base overlooking the lavender farm and out to the ocean, you will be greeted by ground staff who will run through a short safety briefing and overview of the flight path. You will board the helicopter and be introduced to your pilot who will get you up in the air in no time.
The loop will first take you to the North of the lavender farm with views opening up all around as the helicopter climbs. To the North will be views of EagleHawk Neck while to the South will be the Port Arthur township and further, Cape Pillar and Raoul. The crystal clear waters of Fortescue Bay will be the first major major sight which marks the end point of the Three Capes Track and home to a popular campsite and swimming beach for the 'cold-water immune' Tasmanian. Following the coast around you arrive at Cape Hauy - one of the 'Three Capes'. If lucky we will see fearless rock climbers tackling the 'Candlestick' or kayaks passing through the narrow gaps between pillars.
Heading back towards the East, cross the Tasman National Park and arrive out the other side with a spectacular view of the Port Arthur Historic Site, Point Puer and the Tasman golf course. A loop from a distance will ensure everyone gets a good shot.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 110kg. will be required to purchase an additional seat. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Osborne Heli Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.