Hang out with the stars in Broken Hill as you take a 90 minute virtual cruise across the outback sky. Enjoy telescope and binocular viewing from the comfort of a deluxe reclined lounge, snuggled into a sleeping bag if the weather is cold. The sky is so big and clear you can devour the sparkling view with your naked eyes. Your sky guide describes the view with a good balance of science, general information and humour. You will virtually cruise to celestial icons. Your memorable evening with the stars requires no prior knowledge of astronomy. All equipment needed for your sky show is supplied. You can select a snack and drink from options when you arrive. You will also receive a photo of your experience, emailed to you normally within 24 hours.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Outback Astronomy, 18817 Barrier Hwy, Broken Hill NSW 2880, Australia
Night sky tours. Sky guide explains the sky.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- No discounts for children or seniors; all persons priced at the same rate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for child aged 5 years and under (they may attend if paid for however in the event they create a noisy or distracting atmosphere, they and their supervising adults will be required to leave the sky dome viewing area if instructed to do so by the sky guide
- Dress code is governed by the temperature. In January, February and March we recommend you wear loose fitting long sleeves and trousers and closed in shoes and socks. Always bring a coat. In April through to December, be prepared to wear a minimum of four layers. In June, July and August, be prepared to wear six layers. It can be very cold. Sleeping bags or blankets are available during cold nights, as well as limited sets of beanies and gloves for persons caught unprepared.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking eg we can supply gluten free cookies and make the hot chocolate with soy milk.
- Minimum numbers may apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough attendees to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Maximum number for this tour is 45 persons with personal audio
- A small amount of walking is involved - to walk about 70m to the sky show viewing area
- Wheelchair accessible - though the venue includes an old building with three front steps there are alternative entry points; the site is otherwise flat without obstacles; if assistance is required, please advise Outback Astronomy
- Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
- Driving time to the Outback Astronomy venue is less than 15 minutes from most parts of Broken Hill
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Outback Astronomy's Hang out with the Stars® sky show includes:
- Real time commentary, optical equipment and reclined or upright chairs
- Personal audio or speakers
- Drink (select from glass of wine, beer, soft drink, hot chocolate)
- Snack (select from cheese and crackers or cookie)
- Photo of your visit supplied digitally via email
- Entry/Admission - Outback Astronomy
- Additional food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Outback Astronomy in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.