Outback Elite Tours loves to go where the big operators don’t, and our Chambers Pillar and Ewaninga 4WD Day tour takes you deep into the Red Centre’s beautiful and remote sand hill country, in comfort and style on a modern 4WD.
About This Deal
Our 4WD adventure begins at sunrise as we follow the Old Ghan railway route south to the historic landmark of Chambers Pillar. On the way, we explore the ancient and sacred Ewaninga rock carvings which the local Arrente Aboriginal people have been visiting for thousands of years. Learn about the cultural significance of these astonishing petroglyphs over a sumptuous European-style morning tea. Choose from a selection of home-made buns, fresh fruit, yogurt, teas, and Italian brewed coffee.
Next, we visit the remote Aboriginal community of Titjikala and its renowned art centre. This is a rare opportunity to purchase an authentic piece of Central Australian Aboriginal art without paying gallery prices*.
From there we follow in the footsteps of the early explorers, crossing the sands of the dry Hugh River, and ascending to a stunning lookout atop the Charlotte Range, from which the vast Simpson Desert and the distant Chambers Pillar come into view.
We travel the same red, sandy track the great John McDouall Stuart took more than 150 years before, passing through country that is still some of the driest, most remote wilderness on the continent, emerging amid the giant natural sandstone sculptures of the Chambers Pillar Historical Reserve.
You can choose to walk around and/or up to the base of this astonishing natural wonder. Either way, your guide will explain the geology of this amazing landscape, taking you back to when all this prehistoric countryside was under the sea, as well as relating the ancient Aboriginal Dreamtime stories that created these magnificent structures.
After your walk around and up to Chambers Pillar and around Castel Rock, relax and enjoy a gourmet lunch, prepared on-site by your guide under the shade of the majestic desert oaks, in this beautiful wilderness reserve.
In the afternoon we then return to Alice where your guide will take you to your accommodation after an unforgettable day in Australia’s Outback.
*Subject to Titjikala Art Centre opening days/hours.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- 8 year old is the minimum age to participate to this tour. Parents/tutors are fully responsible for their kids.
- Parents/tutors need to provide booster seat for kids over the age of 7 when still too small.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Maximum 4 passengers - small group guranteed
- snacks and fresh fruit during the walks
- Morning tea with coffee, tea, cereals, yogurt, homemade rock cakes
- Gourmet lunch
- Accommodation Pick-up & Drop-off
- Experienced driver guide
- modern Air Conditioned 4WD Vehicle
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
Traveler pickup is offered
Please be ready 15 minutes prior the pick-up time
8 to 10 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Outback Elite Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.