Only an hour away from Sydney, you'll swim at deserted beaches, bush walk to stunning outlooks and discover Aboriginal art and engravings carved in rocks with a small tour group when we explore Pittwater and Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park by land and by water! This full day guided tour includes both bushwalking and kayaking and is perfect for the experience seeker looking for an Australian, authentic adventure. Look for fairy penguins, goannas, galahs, cockatoos and wallabies calling Pittwater home among the gumtrees of this Australian national park. Double sit on top kayaks are provided and guests must be able to kayak for about 5 hours but we do take breaks! Morning tea & lunch is served picnic style on beaches along the western foreshore of the national park. At the end of our adventure, tired and happy, walk away with treasured memories!
About This Deal
After meeting at our marina location, we drive approximately 30 minutes to Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park to the West Head Outlook, a panoramic outlook looking at Palm Beach and Lion Island and begin our adventure with a 2 hour bush walk on rough park trails to a secluded beach where our kayaks are waiting. Along our bush walk, we will learn about Aboriginal culture, early Australian history and observe seasonal wildlife and bushland, as well as inspect Aboriginal engravings, paintings and shelters. Led by our experienced guides, we will begin our first two hour paddle along the coast from the northern end of Pittwater, along the rocky escarpments and to Portuguese beach, where we enjoy a picnic style lunch and a quick swim. Packing up, we continue our kayaking adventure around Long Nose Point, Scotland Island and Morning Bay and paddle into secluded Lovett Bay where we explore the mangroves at Salvation Creek. Next up is a beachside stop at a sheltered cove for an afternoon tea of cheese, dips and crackers with a chocolate treat where we can either go for a short bush walk to Lovett Bay waterfall or take another refreshing swim. Our final one hour paddle brings us back to our marina location, tired but happy!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 15 years and each teen must be accompanied by an adult per kayak.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A minimum of (2) people per booking is required
- A moderate amount of walking and kayaking is involved and all paddlers must be able to swim and be confident on the water.
- Hat, sunglasses, comfortable quick-drying clothes suitable for the weather and shoes that can get wet (sandals, running shoes) must be worn.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Picnic lunch
- Afternoon Tea
- Local experienced Guide(s)
- Double sit in sea kayaks, Personal Flotation Devices & paddles
- The listed price does not include a parking fees, but free parking is available as well on a limited basis.
Pittwater in Sydney's Northern Beaches
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Paddlecraft in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.