Discover the underwater culinary treasures of Tasmania on a full-day gourmet seafood cruise. Watch your expert guide dive for abalone and sea urchin, then watch your meal prepared right on the boat including lobster, salmon, freshly shucked oysters, black lipped abalone and sea urchin. This special cruise is a wonderful way to explore Bruny Island's waterways and taste the freshest seafood with a local expert. And don't worry about portions: There will be plenty to eat on this small-group tour limited to 12 people per boat.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pennicott Wilderness Journeys - Tasmanian Seafood Seduction, Dock Head Building Franklin Wharf, Hobart, Tasmania 7000 Australia
Meet your two expert guides and travel companions at Franklin Wharf on Hobart’s historic waterfront.
Leave the city behind for a trip along the waterways of Hobart. Admire spectacular scenery as you glide down the Derwent River into the sheltered waters of the D'Entrecasteaux Channel around Bruny Island. Throughout the day, your guide shares extensive knowledge of the region, informed by years of experience in and around these waters.
Cruise to a secluded bay where your guide will jump into the water to hunt for abalone and sea urchins.
Watch your guide prepare the ocean bounty that they have gathered. Try rock lobster prepared two ways, cooked and sashimi style, along with delicious seafood dishes cooked up on the spot. You will also dine on freshly shucked oysters and salmon. The meal is accompanied by a gourmet spread of fresh local breads, salads and artisan cheeses, and matched with premium wines, boutique beer, ciders and locally-made organic juices.
Duration: 7 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A maximum of 12 people per tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We operate under a strict COVID-19 plan and are recognised as a COVID Ready business operating in line with the NCCC COVID safe guidelines and other relevant state based guidelines.
- Local guide
- Beverages: Local wine, beer, cider and juice
- Entry/Admission - Pennicott Wilderness Journeys - Tasmanian Seafood Seduction
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Pennicott Wilderness Journeys in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.