Discover Tasmania’s coastal beauty and maritime history on a boat cruise from Hobart down the Derwent River to Iron Pot Lighthouse and Betsey Island. See highlights including Mount Wellington, Shot Tower and Hope Beach as your expert local guide shares tales of early shipwrecks, settlers, sailors and maritime life. Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people allows for a customized experience with your guide.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pennicott Wilderness Journeys, Hobart, Tasmania 7000 Australia
Your guide will meet you at our Hobart office and walk with you to our Franklin Wharf jetty to commence your 2.5 hour cruise.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Pennicott Wilderness Journeys - Iron Pot Cruises, Dock Head Building Franklin Wharf, Hobart, Tasmania 7000 Australia
Your 2.5 hour cruise explores Hobarts' famous waterways, beaches, cliffs and caves. See iconic landmarks such as Mt Wellington, Wrest Point Casino and the Shot Tower. Cruise the River Derwent to the Iron Pot, Australia's oldest lighthouse. Travel to Storm Bay, the same water as the final leg of the famous Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race. Circumnavigate Betsey Island, explore its sea caves and search for a variety of sea birds.
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A maximum of 12 people per tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We operate under a strict COVID-19 plan and are recognised as a COVID Ready business operating in line with the NCCC COVID safe guidelines and other relevant state based guidelines.
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Pennicott Wilderness Journeys - Iron Pot Cruises
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Pennicott Wilderness Journeys, Dock Head Building, Franklin Wharf, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Pennicott Wilderness Journeys in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.