The yearly migration of the Humpback whales is one of the highlights along the East coast of Australia. Port Macquarie offers one of the best vantage points to see whales as we are very close to the action. Just a short trip on our boat and our spotter on the hill will direct the skipper to the best sightings. Our Wave Rider is an open rib boat which has a roof to protect you from sun and rain, at the same time allowing you a real close up to see these beautiful creatures. Sometimes you are able to hear and smell them as they swim on by. Some passengers have got to taste the experience when the splashing gets a bit close…. so be on the lookout!We are open every day of the season and schedule tours daily from the morning until late. Only bad weather prevents us from going out.
What You'll Get
Whale Watching onboard our state of the art , custom built, eco friendly vessel Wave Rider , gets you up close and personal with these majestic beauties!
With a maximum of 18 passengers onboard with you, you are guaranteed a personal, once in a life time experience. Our knowledgeable and passionate skippers will get you out to whales in no time, we have spotters guiding us to the most active pods of whales, so there is no time wasted searching! Port Macquarie is the ideal whale watching destination , we are often on whales within minutes!
We depart numerous times daily throughout the whale watching season , the season is May-November each year
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Wheelchair accessible
- What You Need To Know Before Riding
- Please note that the boat leaves at the time specified on your booking confirmation message the day before your cruise. If you miss the departure, there are no refunds.
- If you require mediations, please ensure you have all that you need with you (e.g. asthmatics, heart disease, anaphylactic etc.
- If you are pregnant, have recently visited hospital, or have a pre-existing medical condition, we would ask that you consult your GP prior to cruising.
- All children on your booking must be looked after at all times.
- What to Bring
- A warm jacket as it can get quite cold out on the water especially in the winter months. Close-toed non-slip shoes are a great choice as well for on board safety.
- Don’t forget a camera, spare batteries and memory cards.
- Our Facilities
- Onboard Toilet
- Photographer onboard most cruises for those that would like to take some photos of these majestic creatures home with them
- Sea Sickness
- We apologize, but there are no refunds for sea sickness.
- Some people never get sea sick (the lucky ones), however others need to be prepared! We advise you to take something if you are unsure – don’t let sea sickness spoil your day!
- Visit the pharmacy prior to the day of your cruise for motion sickness tablets to ensure you can make the most of you cruise.
- Though we would love to go out on the water every day sometime mother natures doesn't play along, our passengers safety and comfort is our main priority, If the trip is cancelled, you will be transferred to the next suitable day, if we cancel due to conditions and you are unable to ride another day we will refund you.
- We endeavour to make final calls by around 4pm the day prior to departure and will confirm with you on your official departure time.
- A cancellation by the customer made less than 24 hours prior to departure incurs a 100% cancellation fee (no refund). A “no show” on the day also attracts 100% cancellation fee.
- How Close Do We Get?
- We must stand off 100 meters from the adults, and 300 meters from the cows and their young. However, they can come right up to the boat if they want – and they often do!
- They can often come so close that you can smell and hear them, or even get a little wet!
- Whilst all efforts will be made to ensure that your whale experience is an enjoyable one it is important to remember that these whales are wild animals – they do not perform on cue!
- All encounters are conducted in accordance with the Australian National Guidelines for Whale and Dolphin Watching (2005) as well as our own strict Code of Practice.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- 1.5hr Whale Watching Cruise aboard Wave Rider
- Waterproof Poncho
- Food and drinks
At the Port Cruise Adventures booking and boarding office
We are on the corner of the Town Green and Short Street
Right on the boardwalk at the end of the Town Green in the centre of Port Macquarie
1 hour 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Port Cruise Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.